Guitarmory Pickups - General Consensus and changes

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Apex1rg7x

Agent of Chaos
Reaction score
I’m thinking about posting this in the Modern Guitarist FB group. @ElysianGuitars do you mind if I do? I don’t want to drag you into something you don’t want to, but I’m thinking maybe this will shame him into giving you what you’ve earned.

“Mods, delete if inappropriate, but I figured someone needs to post about Guitarmory. While I don’t personally have anything on order with them, I HAVE been burned a lot by small guitar companies, so I always feel if there’s a business that has entered scammer territory, we need to look out for each other. Guitarmory is ghosting a number of people who have paid for pickups and not received them. And Adam from Elysian is apparently owed thousands for winding for them, and has not been paid. Anyway, buyer beware. And if Michael wants to chime in and clear it up with the individuals, even better.”
I say do it. There are far too many shady dudes in this business that get away with shit because all of their blind followers. I've heard plenty about this guy to feel that he deserves to get called out. Only wish some of the other ones would get the same treatment.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Bummer, the one time I wish I still had my Facebook and was still a mod in Modern Guitarist, I'd do it myself. If you do post, please keep us up to date @Hollowway.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Prolly shouldn't have posted it on a Friday evening. :lol: The cool kids are already half in the bag.

Really, I hope he can chime in, explain what is going on with the business, and make things right. I've talked with him before, and if he can right the ship I think things should be fine, but if this background chatter gets louder, people are not going to order, and it's going to tank. I hope he comes in and lays it bare, and deals with it head on. I get that running a business is hard, and that shit happens, but in a small community like this, you can't expect to ignore and burn people and continue to thrive.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
Prolly shouldn't have posted it on a Friday evening. :lol: The cool kids are already half in the bag.

Really, I hope he can chime in, explain what is going on with the business, and make things right. I've talked with him before, and if he can right the ship I think things should be fine, but if this background chatter gets louder, people are not going to order, and it's going to tank. I hope he comes in and lays it bare, and deals with it head on. I get that running a business is hard, and that shit happens, but in a small community like this, you can't expect to ignore and burn people and continue to thrive.
I added Patrick's post stating why he left them. It's not right and people should know. Fuck people in this industry scamming people. Needs to be made known

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I added Patrick's post stating why he left them. It's not right and people should know. Fuck people in this industry scamming people. Needs to be made known
Saw that, that's cool. Looks like Michael is addressing some of it on there, so hopefully anyone that has an order that he's ghosting, or not getting paid, etc., can chime in and have it addressed. Sounds like he won't address the Adam payment on there, though.

Crundles

Reaction score
They did a “Guitarmory pickup run” for a small-time Chinese headless guitar brand GOC back in like 2019/2020. As far as I’m aware they didn’t deliver any? Maybe some people got theirs? Idk.

I entered my info when I purchased, then the guitar came without their pickups due to manufacturing issues. And after a while I requested a refund/didn’t get it. I chalked it up as a loss and a lesson. I mentioned it in a thread once and someone from there responded that “they were still being worked on”. So I let it be.

But yeah, it was an unfortunate situation in that I think order volume was higher than expected or something (I REALLY don’t care, I only care about my money). But that’s the last time I paid any attention to them.

I hope others got either the pickups or a refund off that “sale”.
I was part of the GOC Materia run. Checking my Gmail, by Sept-2019 I already had the guitar, and I got the pickups in Jun-2021.

I did chase Guitarmory throughout, because I had to move in early 2020, and wanted to make sure they had the new address.

So uh... yeah. With everything discussed in the thread it seems like a reasonable idea to avoid them.

Infini

Reaction score
I was on the GOC run as well. Chucked the guitar because it was garbage, pickups arrived maybe 1½ years later? Kept the pair (Foxbat 8 ceramic neck) around and put them in an LDK5328 last month. They're better than the stock fusion edge pups, but in the same territory of tone to my ears.

At some point I was offered (by guitarmory) 120$ credit towards another set of pickups in the future instead of the delayed pickups that would have come with the run(what a sentence!), which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
They also cc'd everyone on the run on this offer, so I now have the personal emails of everyone on the goc run as well. Safe to say I wouldn't recommend their business.

Infini

Reaction score
The 'hotel room ring light sloppy editing' video says it all really. He's never been good at addressing controversy.

And

Maybe I've been in 'the game' for too long now, but this is 1/1 an Ormsby body blank with a different stain and a non multiscale neck. What will be the appeal of Cerberus guitars? I just don't see how they will stand apart from any other brand.

Purelojik

Reaction score
The 'hotel room ring light sloppy editing' video says it all really. He's never been good at addressing controversy.

And

Maybe I've been in 'the game' for too long now, but this is 1/1 an Ormsby body blank with a different stain and a non multiscale neck. What will be the appeal of Cerberus guitars? I just don't see how they will stand apart from any other brand.
This was exactly my reaction when i saw that video. Also that belly cutaway on the 7 looks really uncomfortable.

Also he shows an incredible amount of deference to Michael. really odd

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
The FB mods turned off commenting on the post. At least one other person asked what happened to Adam’s paycheck, so maybe that was if.

What I don’t get is why it takes so long to have new staff return pent up emails. Either A) he’s so disorganized he doesn’t know who is where in the queue, or B) he’s lying about this new staff he hired to address this. I’m going to guess both are the case.

And, again, I don’t doubt that it’s hard to run a business. Especially when it’s a side business. But, it is NOT hard to be honest and have integrity. Just fucking say what is really going on. There is no way this is the whole enchilada. It sounds like a political response or polished non-apology.

')