Guitarmory Pickups - General Consensus and changes

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
I saw this thread and remembered the great support I got from Guitarmory, but checking my message history it was Elysian who took care of things for me so I guess it all checks out
Yes, I remember reaching out directly to you to get things sorted.

The FB mods turned off commenting on the post. At least one other person asked what happened to Adam’s paycheck, so maybe that was if.

What I don’t get is why it takes so long to have new staff return pent up emails. Either A) he’s so disorganized he doesn’t know who is where in the queue, or B) he’s lying about this new staff he hired to address this. I’m going to guess both are the case.

And, again, I don’t doubt that it’s hard to run a business. Especially when it’s a side business. But, it is NOT hard to be honest and have integrity. Just fucking say what is really going on. There is no way this is the whole enchilada. It sounds like a political response or polished non-apology.
Thread went how I expected.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Thread went how I expected.
Yeah. I was hoping for more, but at least it’s out there for a few others to see. I tried not to make it too harsh, for fear that it got taken down, but the mods closed it for replies after michael responded.

Reaction score
I have texted him and emailed him since this thread started and still have been ghosted. I’m a firm believer in karma, so he will get his.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
For lack of a more elequent phrasing, fuck both Michael and Rob. Those ass-hats deserve each other.

To echo the sentiment here: Adam is about as solid as a dude can be. Elysians are still my go-to choice for new pickups and I recommend them to any 'normie' guitarist willing to listen to me gush about them.

Xiphos804

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Will definitely try them next time. Just happen to have Lundgren 7 string single coil here at the house so that's what I ended up going with on my Ibby. Would love to try Elysian next though.

MetalDestroyer

Heaven's Football Bat
Reaction score
This will probably go more like the Vik story than the BRJ story. Tons of people will get screwed over and the dude will continue grifting to die-hard dickriders who will want sympathy after they join the list of rubes who got screwed

Ross82

Reaction score
Wow, I'm glad I saw this thread. I have a set of 'Skerv's' in my Skervesen and are some of the best pickups I've used and recommended them to a few people. Its very disappointing to see they've been shafting people but if the word is that the staff have moved to Elysian then I guess I shall look there going forward.

Really is a bitch of a shame because these pickups sound stellar.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Wow, I'm glad I saw this thread. I have a set of 'Skerv's' in my Skervesen and are some of the best pickups I've used and recommended them to a few people. Its very disappointing to see they've been shafting people but if the word is that the staff have moved to Elysian then I guess I shall look there going forward.

Really is a bitch of a shame because these pickups sound stellar.
Nah no one has moved to my company, I'm still a one man show.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Tinfoil hat time, but I wonder if someone at Guitarmory started that rumor to make up an excuse lol.

I think it's pretty funny to start rumors when Adam is very active on social media. :lol:

Ross82

Reaction score
Nah no one has moved to my company, I'm still a one man show.

Oh my mistake, sorry. I thought someone in the thread previously said you were with Guitarmory and then went out on your own. Either way I shall be investigating your work ;o)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Oh my mistake, sorry. I thought someone in the thread previously said you were with Guitarmory and then went out on your own. Either way I shall be investigating your work ;o)
He was helping but he was just giving a hand (apparently an understatement lmao) while still running his own brand. It was always a one man solo show.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
grease attracts grease

I keep reading this as "grease attracts geese" and doing a double take, then laughing.

But yeah, Chapman is a slimy asshat, and its ever more infuriating how companies just don't try and be companies. Why are they so often a scam?!
(Not meaning to throw shade at Adam Elysian, clearly you're an outlier here)

Northfall

Established Djentleman
Reaction score
its ever more infuriating how companies just don't try and be companies. Why are they so often a scam?!
As I've spent some time in management for a few different companies now, guitar un-related I might add, I think this is pertinent to a lot of smaller businesses... And this is not an excuse for them. But so many people seem to just think that with some capitol and intrigue, they can get their hands in x or y market. But a lot of the times, they really don't understand the market / consumer needs well enough to actually launch their business correctly and they often are spending years / decades trying to play catch up. And so many of them are so behind in debt on their ventures, that they're cutting corners in every area they can to try to save a $.

Again, I don't think that this is right, but it seems as more people want to become their own boss and start launching "boutique" companies, they just have no fucking idea what they're getting into and it ends up being a whole mess mixed with a bit of luck, and a lot of mismanagement.

JimF

Contributor
Reaction score
As I've spent some time in management for a few different companies now, guitar un-related I might add, I think this is pertinent to a lot of smaller businesses... And this is not an excuse for them. But so many people seem to just think that with some capitol and intrigue, they can get their hands in x or y market. But a lot of the times, they really don't understand the market / consumer needs well enough to actually launch their business correctly and they often are spending years / decades trying to play catch up. And so many of them are so behind in debt on their ventures, that they're cutting corners in every area they can to try to save a $.

Again, I don't think that this is right, but it seems as more people want to become their own boss and start launching "boutique" companies, they just have no fucking idea what they're getting into and it ends up being a whole mess mixed with a bit of luck, and a lot of mismanagement.

Great insight thank you! Makes sense I suppose, along with a "Won't happen to me because I'm special" mentality.

X784

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Since people here seem familiar with Elysian pickups....

I'm trying to pick out a new pickup for my guitar. It's gonna be in drop A, and be used for metal. Specifically archtype gojira with 2 overdrives engaged metal. Pickups I've used in the past are a fluence moden, emg 81, seymour duncan nazgul, dimarzio fusion edge (original for this guitar). I like the nazgul and emg 81, but don't wanna swap to actives. So my list of options are the nazgul, bare knuckle cold sweat (pricey), or an Elysian pickup (hellfire / sentinel / trident II). I personally prefer a more scooped tone, and am a little worried about the eq graphs of the Elysians with the comparatively high mids.

Any suggestions?

Northfall

Established Djentleman
Reaction score
Since people here seem familiar with Elysian pickups....

I'm trying to pick out a new pickup for my guitar. It's gonna be in drop A, and be used for metal. Specifically archtype gojira with 2 overdrives engaged metal. Pickups I've used in the past are a fluence moden, emg 81, seymour duncan nazgul, dimarzio fusion edge (original for this guitar). I like the nazgul and emg 81, but don't wanna swap to actives. So my list of options are the nazgul, bare knuckle cold sweat (pricey), or an Elysian pickup (hellfire / sentinel / trident II). I personally prefer a more scooped tone, and am a little worried about the eq graphs of the Elysians with the comparatively high mids.

Any suggestions?
You thought about the SD Jupiters?

X784

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
lol hey man I'm no expert. All I know is compared to everything I've played through (dimarzio fusion edge, ibanez quantum, bc rich stock pickup, ormsby stock pickup, ormsby katana, fishman fluence modern, legator hive) the nazgul is more scooped.

')