Guitars Built by Members of SS.org [pic heavy]

Mr_Mar10

*space for hire*
Reaction score
just for lols again, seeing as I made the body 2 yrs ago & kinda forgot about it!
& also seeing as I played bass as a kid before my love of all things 6 & 7 stringed!

ash '51 pbass effort with modern twists'
15k humbucker with coil split & individual bridges (dont watch the wonky d bridge, since straightened up ) - note matching ash plectrum made from offcuts too :p waste not want not etc...
gwf9HyBe9.jpg

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
As my son (4 years old) kept bugging me to get his own guitar, I ordered the Tinycaster templates and did a very quick and equally dirty build this weekend. Mahogany body, 3-piece limba/purple heart neck, 45cm scale, maple ferret, Schaller top-locking tuners, Babicz bridge, EMG PUs, blue metallic finish. Let's see if he grabs it from time to time and lets me show him some basic chords. If yes, I'll take him more seriously and build him a better one next year...

electriceye

Reaction score
As my son (4 years old) kept bugging me to get his own guitar, I ordered the Tinycaster templates and did a very quick and equally dirty build this weekend. Mahogany body, 3-piece limba/purple heart neck, 45cm scale, maple ferret, Schaller top-locking tuners, Babicz bridge, EMG PUs, blue metallic finish. Let's see if he grabs it from time to time and lets me show him some basic chords. If yes, I'll take him more seriously and build him a better one next year...

I love this!!! I need to make one for my 8-year-old. The Gibson V I'm building is a tad too big for him. :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DistinguishedPapyrus

Reaction score
Some seriously awesome work in this thread all the time! Here are the last couple I finished.

19436842_336807586753853_2685703184025911296_n.jpg

19420694_1579859622086306_1006928415134980752_n.jpg
19510578_1579859715419630_2893329824215781323_n.jpg

Quite some fine pieces you have as well, so many details that draw attention on both those builds, do you have additional pics?

Mr_Mar10

*space for hire*
Reaction score
new one for myself.. few adjustments to do but could'nt resist a few pics

1pc mango top, 1pc chestnut body, emg 81/85, hipshot tuners, nice neck with interesting supposedly rosewood fretboard.. looking forward to playing it properly in the coming days :shred: (stupid 2k is STILL tacky in one small patch after 16days! )

GCzgELk.jpg

GCzjvvJ.jpg

MisterMcCruff

Reaction score
new one for myself.. few adjustments to do but could'nt resist a few pics

1pc mango top, 1pc chestnut body, emg 81/85, hipshot tuners, nice neck with interesting supposedly rosewood fretboard.. looking forward to playing it properly in the coming days :shred: (stupid 2k is STILL tacky in one small patch after 16days! )

GCzgELk.jpg

That's rad, mate. Clean and to the point.

Lemonbaby

Reaction score
Finally finished my Strat build, the strings arrived today and I had time to take some photos. I was a little worried that the Aftermaths might be too extreme QE-wise, but they're just brilliant.

Body: Cedro
Neck: 3x Flamed maple, 2x Pao Ferro
Fretboard: Ebony - 16" radius
Bridge: Ibanez Tight-End (Cosmo Black)
Tuners: Gotoh 510 DS Locking 1:18 (Black)
Frets: Sintoms 18% Nickel, 2.4mm/1.4mm
PUs/Electronics: BK Aftermath set / SD Blackout Modular Preamp
Strings: DR Black Beauties (9-46)

Pyramidhead4092

Reaction score
1st build guitar
IMAG1592.jpg

25 inch scale, Alder body, bolt-on Maple neck with padouk fingerboard, Pickup Partsland PAF, Bridge Partsland, Head machines - Alice, 1vol, finish - danish oil (fingerboard - lemon oil).

and demo https://soundcloud.com/user-349084677/silent-hill-2-promise-cover

After this 1st build i made a new guitar (not now, 2nd build was startetd and finished in April/May 2017).
2nd build.jpg
27 inch scale 7 string.
Alder body, bolt-on Maple+maple neck, padouk dot inlays,
Bridge humbucker from Schecter, parts like bridge, head machines and others - partsland, drparts or same Korean OEM. Quality of this parts is normal.

In neck installed 2way truss rod and 2 carbon rods for reinforcement.

Finish - danish oil

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
As my son (4 years old) ... lets me show him some basic chords ...
Didn't build a down-and-dirty mini for our daughter when she was about that age, but we had a mini-acoustic and tuned it Open-G. Turned out it was much more satisfying in Open-G. We were surprised how quickly she started noticing it was out of tune and brought it to me to "fix it".

Mr_Mar10

*space for hire*
Reaction score
GxiS7w4.jpg

Chestnut regius/setius style mashup with red ebony veneer.. pretty much done, just needs some thicker foam under pickups.. got zebrawood to play with next
Will play this for a week or so n decide ‘sell or keep’ cheapo tuners will be upgraded if so :hbang:

Last edited:

Mr_Mar10

*space for hire*
Reaction score
V5k7IlG.jpg

Last bit of chestnut? I think
Uber blue san Dimas?/dinky type thing just because :shred:
Probably sell if I can prize it from mrs’s hands lol

6 builds in 2017, gotta get busy to beat that in 2018 :D started first one this afternoon... maybe I’ll learn to make necks eventually

DistinguishedPapyrus

Reaction score
Finally finished my Strat build, the strings arrived today and I had time to take some photos. I was a little worried that the Aftermaths might be too extreme QE-wise, but they're just brilliant.

Body: Cedro
Neck: 3x Flamed maple, 2x Pao Ferro
Fretboard: Ebony - 16" radius
Bridge: Ibanez Tight-End (Cosmo Black)
Tuners: Gotoh 510 DS Locking 1:18 (Black)
Frets: Sintoms 18% Nickel, 2.4mm/1.4mm
PUs/Electronics: BK Aftermath set / SD Blackout Modular Preamp
Strings: DR Black Beauties (9-46)

Really dig that take on the strat. I've been wanting to build one similar to this pretty much since I started building, the Ibanez bridge piece is definitely a good look.

Bobro

Reaction score
Ashkelons Guitar.jpg

Seven-String Baritone I built over 20 years ago. You cant' tell from the photo but the fretboard is a rich purple color (purpleheart wood). The body is old-growth redwood (sequoia) sandwiched between two fascias of palmwood. Custom Benedetto pickup (wow that Benedetto is one awesome and squared-away individual), ebony tuning knobs. The accents (pickup ring and headstock inlay) are a very green colored wood from an 18th century shipwreck. Bridge was custom made by a machinist in Santa Barbara California, don't know if he ever got up to manufacturing them in larger quantities, great bridge kinda similar to Babicz bridges in engineering. Strings through body. Neck through body in the "joinery" construction I use where there's a big kerf down the back and the neck slides into it, so from the back it looks like your standard neck-throuigh approach but the body covers the neck in the front. I'll post some photos of the construction when I build some more guitars, if anyone is interested. Headstock is joined with long finger joints so the headstock angle can be quite steep with zero chance of breakage. Neck is plantation East Indian Rosewood, which is a real pleasure to work with. The construction favors epic sustain and lots of "woodiness" in the tone.

Started a new luthier enterprise recently, but this time with the most excellent and skilled (and fantastically attractive young lady) apprentice/business partner, not my bull-in-a-china shop stoner dickhead former brother in law like when I made this thing. Yeah he did steal my superb antique drawknife so I have to find another drawknife for shaping necks.