Guitars made from....Skateboards!

• Thread starter Dayviewer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Meh. I'm getting burned out in the lets-make-something-out-of-skateboard-decks movement. I feel like this is the 3rd or 4th thing I've seen made out of old decks. Sunglasses, iPhone cases, furniture. Cool idea, but I feel like its getting a hipster trendy thing going. My guess is these will be rediculously expensive.

Now, (not that anyone cares :lol:) what I'd like to see is a guitar made out of the multilaminate wood that a skateboard is made out of, but allow it to be in the same shape as whatever guitar you want to design. That laminated wood is just so cool.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
What would have been cool is if they used little wheels ground down for the volume and tone.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
That is awesome. Put a set of EMG's in one and they'll probably sound just like anything else with EMG's :fawk:

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
It's all fun and games when skateboards get turned into guitars.........but if the opposite happens.....heads would roll :squint:

esphil

Reaction score
When are we going to see a birdhouse black machine copy?

robertkoa

Reaction score
It's all fun and games when skateboards get turned into guitars.........but if the opposite happens.....heads would roll :squint:

Yeah-it is so annoying to see a 59 Les Paul converted to a Skateboard.....

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
These are sick, I should see if I still have some old broken boards from when I was in high school. Maybe I could get one done!

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I love those guitars! They give off all this 90's vibe to me :lol:.

He's the same luthier that built the leaf guitar:

PC2a.jpg

1912fb81df2151a831a9d3bf5d856b34.jpg

Ezequiel Galasso from Galasso Guitars (look him up on Facebook. I've been following him for about a year and a half, and he posts some cool and unusual builds every now and again). He's based in Argentina (not sure which city, but Buenos Aires sounds right). I'd love to some day try out one of his guitars!

I must thank Darren from Decibel Guitars for having introduced his work to me on a thread here a while ago (or maybe Facebook; I can't remember). Very refreshing, indeed!

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
ultimate punk pop guitar :lol:

(would love one with a pair of P-90ties....or maybe a Humbucker in the Bridge........yeah.....a vintage PAF....or maybe a Duncan Distortion, NO!, BKP's WARPIG!, PUT SOME 0.14's IN THERE AND TUNE TO K# AND AND DJENT THE SHIT OUT OF IT!, yeah, fuck pop punk :agreed:)

')