Guitars sound too harsh?

• Thread starter Vicious6circle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vicious6circle

Reaction score
Hey Guys!
First of all.... I´m new to the Forum so dont stone me if i post something wrong in here :rolleyes:.

Point of this thread:

I got my pod hd 500 yesterday. I will mainly use him live with 4 CM for effect stuff. Whatever i tried to make a few Guitar and Bass-Sounds and made a fast Mix.
Somehow i think the guitars got to much harshness in the high frequencies. What do you think?
Some little Ideas how to get rid of this harshness?

Btw: i tried to set the Lowpass on guitars a little deeper, but then they become to dull :spock:

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/signsofnature/pod-test-mix[/SC]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chi

Niverlare
Reaction score
Try using surgical cuts when EQ'ing. First you spot those harsh frequencies, on the Pod they're mostly around 7.5 khz. Just boost around that area until you hear that nasty harshness and then cut it, don't be afraid to cut a lot of that particular frequency.

Vicious6circle

Reaction score
Well. I tried your method but i couldn't get the Noise out of the highs without getting dull.

But i could fix my problem by setting the "Input z" of the pod from 3.5 M to 1 M. harshness is fixed.

Ty anyway!

Latest posts

')