Guitars we own.

• Thread starter Digital Black
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
HMMM that seven string sure looks like a Dean 7 string neck with the "symbol of life" inlays and a RG body? Is that a neck through or a bolt on..I BET IT's BOLT ON :scream: >.....have and back neck photo..shots?....soldano are great lead tone monsters but always found them to be way too uncontrollable..two tones Clean/ and...EXTREMELY LOUD...i had an atomic 13 that really sounded good. it is good to see others can play :wavey: that monster and get a good sound from it...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

andrapos

7 string sales guy
Reaction score
Jerich said:
HMMM that seven string sure looks like a Dean 7 string neck with the "symbol of life" inlays and a RG body? Is that a neck through or a bolt on..I BET IT's BOLT ON :scream: >.....have and back neck photo..shots?....soldano are great lead tone monsters but always found them to be way too uncontrollable..two tones Clean/ and...EXTREMELY LOUD...i had an atomic 13 that really sounded good. it is good to see others can play :wavey: that monster and get a good sound from it...

Yeah you got me, I was joking about it being a custom. :lol: Here's the front and back pics you asked for, and a couple shots of the inlays (pretty much Greek letters spelling "Andrapos" with a double X at the 12th fret and my initials at the 24th)....pics taken during assembly in Peru by luthier Domingo Cicirello.

DSC04521.JPG

DSC04531.JPG

DSC04605.JPG

DSC04632.JPG

DSC04702.JPG

Image03.jpg

DSC0479_2.jpg

CustomWMural.jpg

All the other pics of its creation are available here: http://www.andrapos.com/Custom.html

As far as the Soldano goes, I love it. The tone is amazing (to my ears) and the only volume issues with it (besides it being loud) are if you have the clean tone on and you flick the "crunch" switch (not the channel switch) - adding crunch immensely increases the volume on channel 1.

Thanks for the attention :)

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ibanez RG7620:

7620b.gif

Ibanez RR7620(I built the body myself out of mohogany):

RR7.gif

Ergo Instruments 9 String guitar:

Ergo9string2.jpg

Ibanez RG570:

570.jpg

Soldano Hot Rod 50XL mated to a crate 4x12 :rolleyes: Hey, It was cheap and it actually sounds pretty good. (the Soldano 4x12 is on the way. Had 2 of their cabs before with 2 HR50XLs. Excellent cabs and amps.):

soldano.jpg

I forgot, I also have an old Ibanez XV500 but it's in pieces right now.

And andrapos, that 7 string looks great!

andrapos

7 string sales guy
Reaction score
BucketBot said:
Ergo Instruments 9 String guitar:

Ergo9string2.jpg

Soldano Hot Rod 50XL mated to a crate 4x12 :rolleyes: Hey, It was cheap and it actually sounds pretty good. (the Soldano 4x12 is on the way. Had 2 of their cabs before with 2 HR50XLs. Excellent cabs and amps.):

soldano.jpg

And andrapos, that 7 string looks great!

Thanks! That 9 string looks killer, where did you find it? A few too many frets (is that 36?) but I can only imagine all the chunk it has!

You wouldnt be interested in another Hot Rod 50 (not XL) would you? I just tossed mine up on ebay, replacing it with another SLO
Hot Rod 50 for sale, clicky clicky!

DSCN0528.JPG

:yum:

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
andrapos said:
That 9 string looks killer, where did you find it? A few too many frets (is that 36?) but I can only imagine all the chunk it has!

Thanks! I had it built for me buy a guy that primarily builds electric upright basses. He had built a few guitars before and I think mine was the last one he was going to make. And yes, it has 36 frets. Mostly just for looks. It is quite chunky too. The custom EMG helps. It's basically a 707 streched out(I call it the 909 :D ). It's a perfect match for the Soldano.

I'd love to pick up your HR50 but I think I need to stop spending money for a while. :( :D

yabba

Reaction score
BucketBot said:
Thanks! I had it built for me buy a guy that primarily builds electric upright basses. He had built a few guitars before and I think mine was the last one he was going to make. And yes, it has 36 frets. Mostly just for looks. It is quite chunky too. The custom EMG helps. It's basically a 707 streched out(I call it the 909 :D ). It's a perfect match for the Soldano.
that's very cool! :D what is the tuning?

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hmm. A little simple compared to some of you, but tweaked to fit my needs rather nicely:

Guitars:
Ibanez RG-7620. 1999, "Vampire Kiss," basically a metallic burgundy. Black hardware, although I'd LOVE to switch it out for the powder coat pewter-ish, if any of you are looking for black... ;) Strung with GHS Boomers 10-60. Stock pickups replaced with Air Norton 7/Tone Zone 7, stock Ibanez 5-way replaced with a tele-style 3-way and a master push/pull coil tap on the tone control. Essentially, a JS-series 7-string tweaked in more of a prog metal vein.

Fender American Standard Strat. Strung with Elixer 10's. Also 1999, "Inca Silver," which is basically silver with a hint of green, with a maple board. White pearloid pickguard, three Lace Sensor Gold pickups, graphite nut and saddles. I'm thinking of replacing the trem and going for a roller nut and locking tuners; the Fender Deluxe locking trem is tempting, for the Ibanez-style push-in bar, but the Hipshot vintage trem is sexy as hell, so... Basically, a greay bluesy guitar that can still hang for the heavier high-gain stuff, too.

Martin MC-16GTE. Strung with Elixer acosutic 12's. Think it's about a '00, and bone-stock. Mahogany body, gloss spruce top, Fishman Prefix pickup (one of the most accurate I've ever played, incidentally- soundhole mic ROCKS for adding ambience and "breath"). I've been playing this one a lot lately- helped my electric technique tremendously, and I'm trying to get a feel for Jimi-style fingerstyle blues.

Amps:
Mesa Nomad-45 2x12. IMO the most versatile thing they offer; 45 watts, three channels, two modes per channel. Clean channel can be driven a little bit on normal mode, or sent into SRV on meltdown aggression in pushed. Channel two is pretty Mark-esq, I generally stay in vintage mode, very liquid, but modern mode offers a touch more bass, treble, and output. Channel three modern i actually prefer to the Rectifiers, and vintage is like an agressive mark-iv; nice. Then throw the normal/extreme poweramp options in there... generally prefer extreme for distortion, as it's more compressed and saturated, but normal offers some gorgeous open clean sounds.

Lately, I can't get over how good channel 2 sounds with the gain back- maybe 4-ish. Amazing.

Johnson J-station- it's been gathering dust, mostly, of late, but it's still a great tool to have around- i have a few weird spacey patches that i like for ambient overdubs, and the bass sounds are pretty decent. (oh- squire p-bass 5 string- peice of crap,b ut probably should be mentioned. It sits in its gig bag when I'm not recording).

Hey, it keeps me happy...

-D

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
yabba said:
that's very cool! :D what is the tuning?

Thanks! And good qeustion. :lol: I think right now it's going from low E to high E and some sort of half-assed open tuning in between. I don't have a tuner anymore so I usually just tune everything by ear. Many years of working set-up here at Gibson Guitars Acoustic Division kind of trained my ear really well.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm... I shoulda put my RG7 pic here instead.. :)

My *little* rig:

1988 Ibanez RG750HP (Breed Bridge & Neck, Swirl 'guard)
1989 Ibanez RG760JB (modded to H-S-H, Super3, Blue Velvet, Breed Neck, White Pearl 'guard)
1998 Ibanez RG7620RB (Evolution7, Airnorton7)
Tech 21 Trademark 300 (Rackmounted w/ARMD midi converter)
Alesis Quadraverb 2
Ibanez TS-9 reissue(modded for external switching)
Cheapo Eminence 4-12
Behringer FCB1010 Floorboard
Johnson J-Station(at the PC for recording/practice)

Recent Rig Picture:
rigpicnovembersmall.jpg

KenBoston

Thrash Lover
Reaction score
All I own is some crappy Yamaha EG303, and for the seven string is a Washburn WG587. :(

wg587med.jpg

instElectric_GuitarsEG303-resized200.gif

The Rx Elite

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!
Reaction score
Uhh.. Lets See
'91 Ibanez S series 7 (the rare one with the h-s-s pickups)
'01 Ibanez Universe
(2) '97 Ibanez RG7620's
Ibanez AX1570 (it was on sale)
Parker P-40
Ibanez RG-270 (modded)
Ibanez S-540
BC Rich Warlock (modded)
Ibanez S-420
Fender Tele

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Sephiroth000 said:
Since the first time I posted in this thread my gear lineup has totally changed.. :lol:

You still got the RBM? If so, you got pics? I wanna see that.

Nick1

Reaction score
I have

http://majingeo.no-ip.com/idol/1.jpg

http://majingeo.no-ip.com/idol/2.jpg

http://majingeo.no-ip.com/idol/3.jpg

http://majingeo.no-ip.com/idol/4.jpg

http://majingeo.no-ip.com/idol/5.jpg

http://majingeo.no-ip.com/idol/6.jpg

http://majingeo.no-ip.com/idol/7.jpg

http://majingeo.no-ip.com/idol/8.jpg

http://majingeo.no-ip.com/idol/9.jpg

http://majingeo.no-ip.com/idol/10.jpg

guitars

Gibson Les Paul Totally customized with Emg 81 85 pickups, emg afterburner, grover 18-1 locking tuners, tone pros bridge, shaved neck, 6100 frets, earvana nut.

ibanez rg 7621 will soon have Emg 81-7s

Ibanez Rg 550 with evos and edge bridge

Washburn Nick Catanese Idol signature

John Petrucci music man with piazo and matching headstock in pearl red burst(on the way)

3 acustics 1 is a nylon and 2 are steel (nothin special but they get the job done)

honer banjo (hey Im kinda a hick)

as for amps I have

a Crate Glx 120

a digitech gsp artist 2101 preamp with 3.00 upgrade

I also have a bbe 362

beheringer 8024 eq

furman

and a mesa boogie 2:90 power amp

Rocktron Black cat wah

Keeley modded sd-1

2 400 watt 412s

keithb

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Jem7VSBL
modded UV7BK (currently in pieces, awaiting pickups and assembly)
Ibanez S540
Washburn acoustic
Synsonics strat clone
Saga P-bass kit bass

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
ankalar said:
I've had this stupid thing for a while:

carvin4.jpg

WTF it only has 6 strings?
Holy christ, you got enough knobs on that thing?

ankalar

jesus?
Reaction score
No of course not! It used to be volume, pickup blend, active treble, active bass, two coil taps, and an in/out of phase switch. Soon it's going to be 2 volume, 2 tone, 2 series/split/parallel, and a kill switch.

PS: Got it on eBay. If it was my choice, I'd have 2 volume, 2 tone w/push-pull for coil tap, and a kill switch.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
Ernie Ball Music Man SUB 1 H-H Trem Black w/ EBMM 2004 Graphics
Ernie Ball Music Man SUB 1 H-H Trem Burgandy
Ernie Ball Music Man Silo Special S-S-S Trem Purple
Ernie Ball Music Man Silo Special H-S-S Trem White
Peavey Wolfie Special H-H(Duncan Dist DImebucker) Floyd Black
Wayne Custom 7 w/EMG 707's Floyd, Quilted Maple top
Washburn Custom Sonic 7 w/ Seymour D Invaders, Floyd Silver Industrial w/ metallic purple

')