Guitars with non recessed Floyd Rose

• Thread starter OmegaSlayer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I was gonna avoid EVH since you said the Wolfgang was already considered but I forgot about their Baretta clone with the 5150

5108002535_evh_ins_frt_01_rr.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shreddermcgavin

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Jackson SL1X models are top mount and affordable. The EVH Wolfgang standard is probably best bang for buck tho. I snagged one not long ago and have had a hard time putting it down. Unreal guitar for the money, no immediate mods necessary except a d-tuna in your case

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I was gonna avoid EVH since you said the Wolfgang was already considered but I forgot about their Baretta clone with the 5150

5108002535_evh_ins_frt_01_rr.png
Nah nah, you did good!
It's a good suggestion, and a cool instrument, love the pot knobs and the killswitch (while Pups selector position on a superstat is very annoying and anti-tapping, but if it works for EVH, I'm the problem)
And yes, the Baretta too...I was looking for the Sabo Snake one, but it seems that here in EU it's not available anymore

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score

Surveyor 777

I measure things
Reaction score
The EVHs feature Floyd Rose Specials though? Probably matters less if top mount and not trem wanking, but bummer.

It depends. My Wolfgang Standard has an EVH "Floyd Rose" Special trem. My Wolfgang Special has a "regular" EVH Floyd - I'm guessing it's the equivalent to a Floyd Rose 1000?

I only looked at one 5150 series guitar but the specs did not say "Special", so I'm assuming it's the same trem as on my Wolfgang Special (so a 1000 series equivalent?).

Problem is - there are too many "specials" being thrown around - trem versus guitar model.

If interested, go to the EVH site and look at the specs for each model.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's also badlands guitars
KInda hard to plan your gigging around whenever they finish their runs, so they're really kind of like ordering customs. You can order Jackson USA Selects with topmounts, too, but the timeline is long...

Badlands is doing cool stuff, just not in a readily available fashion. I mean, you could buy one of these from Sweetwater:

But only two, at most, and they're not exactly "reasonably priced". ;)

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
KInda hard to plan your gigging around whenever they finish their runs, so they're really kind of like ordering customs. You can order Jackson USA Selects with topmounts, too, but the timeline is long...

Badlands is doing cool stuff, just not in a readily available fashion. I mean, you could buy one of these from Sweetwater:

But only two, at most, and they're not exactly "reasonably priced". ;)
Fuck that is hot! What's up with the dummy thicc headstock though?

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I had one of the originals from 1990 - that's just how the headstock was. :shrug:
They do seem kind of inconsistent with their pointy inline headstock. I've seen oversized CBS looking versions like this one and then slimmer normal size looking ones like on the couple of BCRs I had with that headstock. Then there was a version in the 80s or early 90s that was like this one was stretched out to be as pointy harpoon looking as possible.

')