Guitars you are/were completely blown away by....

• Thread starter mystix
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mystix

Reaction score
Let's post pics about guitars that we hoped would be great, but when we got them, they just blew us away.

I got this Ibanez AZTQM a few weeks back. It blows my mind each time I play it! I've owned a ton of Ibanez guitars including Jem's, UV's, countless Prestige and Premium models, but this guitar absolutely takes the cake.

I had the AZ Premium in espressoburst. It was great, but this spoke to me more. I bought this without playing, but I have zero regrets. Fit and finish is amazing!!! It has so many versatile tones and the play-ability is effortless.

While the Jem's and Prestige models were great, this is just on a whole new level. It's like a grown up version of Ibanez.

Bikzglb.jpg

What about you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitaardvark

Reaction score
My Ibanez S1520FB continues to blow me away. My buddy also got a Suhr Modern Antique that sounds phenomenal in any style and plays beautifully. That thing just exudes quality.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
My les paul studio.

I dont really get blown away by guitars. Nice ones are just that, and even vintage ones still feel like... guitars. Inspiring ones are another story and Im glad I own 3.

Reactions: fps

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Music Man Luke II. It's so weirdly specced (v neck, small frets, narrow neck etc) that I didn't expect to love it but I did.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
My 652KFX blows me away.

I never played a prestige (played plenty on non prestige ones) prior to buying this blind and was completely floored by how amazing it played right out of the box. Once I got it setup how I like my guitars I realized this guitar will not be going anywhere. The thing plays itself.

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
Strandberg J6 - Lightweight and so much fun to play. Should have purchased one when I had a chance to get a used model.

Rosal76

Reaction score
My 2015 Ibanez Prestige RG665 guitar in Firestorm Orange was way beyond my expectations. I already owned a 2006 RG1570 and 2010 RG1420F guitars which have the Wizard Prestige necks so I already had experience with thin necks but the RG665 has the thinner Super Wizard Prestige that completely killed the Wizard Prestige. Had no idea that 1 millimeter could make a huge difference in playing.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Since I was talking about this on another site today, actually... a Sherman non-fanned-fret 8-string Mike had just finished, and was just boxing up to send to a guy I knew in Canada. I can't remember if I'd never played an 8 before or only briefly played one once, but I had no idea what to do with the low string... And it didn't change the fact that it was just one of the most instantly "alive" feeling guitars I'd ever picked up.

This was before the whole drama there, but man, whatever happened afterwards, there's no denying Mike could build one FUCK of a nice guitar.

PunkBillCarson

Reaction score
My ESP LTD BK-600. I don't know if it's the thick slab of mahogany or the pickups, but that guitar in Drop C has SO much goddamn grind, it's unreal. Playing it is as easy as breathing.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
jackson-juggarnaut-ht6-laguna-blue-burst-jmm1510296-left__wwg.jpg

Jackson HT6. Never really looked at them when they came out. However, one came up for sale at a decent price so I thought I'd check it out. Tried it and I fell in love with it, I still love it now (I'm resting it on my legs now as I'm typing). Hands down, best guitar I've owned.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
carvin dc600. I bought it because it was so damn pretty and keep it/play it all the time because it sounds awesome. The holy diver/javelin combo covers so much tonal ground that they're not going anywhere.
42903396720_080579c70a_h.jpg

glassmoon0fo

Some Say...
Reaction score
CH8scale7.jpg

Sold My KxK 8 scale off when my Strandberg M2M was on its way early, JUST bought it back last week and will never let go again. I didn't know what I had till it was gone, it just speaks so well and doesn't feel like anything else I've ever owned or played.

EDIT: just realized i was in the 6 string forum, mods can remove if necessary. Mah bad.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
My Thorn Rune, I'm still in awe of her. I feel bad for the rest of my guitars as I have definitely slowed down the rotation... I always find myself grabbing the Rune, every time. Getting a more well-suited bridge pickup and some minor crowning work on the frets (I'm insanely picky about that aspect) is the only gripes I can muster. Damn near flawless.

If you ever get a chance to play something by Ron, I wholeheartedly recommend it. I think I understand the concept of "mojo" now.

1.jpg

guitar4tw

Reaction score
My new Horus M3 has been a pure joy to play since day one, but I recently decided to tune it to D-standard and put Daddario 11-52 strings on it. And man, there is just something about the resulting string tension with the 24.75" scale that feels utterly perfect. Like the in-between of 09s and 10s on a 25,5". Also, there might be something going on with this specific tension/tuning that harmonizes particularly well with the pieces of wood in this guitar, because it was already very resonant, but this has opened it up even more. It's so creamy and bitey at the same time now, it's completely ridiculous. It's so fun to play that my other guitars have been sitting in the rack for a month.

It's going to stay in this tuning. Been listening a lot to Symphony X lately, and currently learning Of Sins and Shadows and Sea of Lies. Good fun. :)

31519486677_3bb84761a1_b.jpg

31519490777_f9048e59da_b.jpg