Guitars you regret getting rid of

• Thread starter Jeff
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Possibly a redo thread, but I couldn't find any. Must post pics of the guitars you regret getting rid of, so we can see how foolish you were in doing so.

Here's my regret. I miss it, I should have given it more of a chance:

DC727-3.jpg

DC727-4.jpg

DC727-2.jpg

DC727-5.jpg

Beautifully made guitar, and I had no idea there was a way to get rid of the weird ringing I was experiencing by putting something above the nut to dampen it, like Bulb and others I've seen done. Ah well. :wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had a parts guitar with a Kramer Sustainer mahogany body and a USA B.C. Rich Gunslinger neck. When I was downsizing a few years ago, I put the neck back on the Warlock body it came off of and sold it.

I really wish I had that one back. It was a "magic" one.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
My mid-nineties Parker Nitefly. That was just a great playing guitar, but I needed the money.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Waay too many to list them all, but I miss my Roswell Rhoads although I never played them as they were missing a string and I also regret getting rid of my EMG'd RG7621 now the 60-7 is here.

Clydefrog said:
My white RG7621. Traded it to zimbloth, who traded it to someone else here.

I'd kill to have that thing back.

I think it went to Donnie who colour matched the headstock and now I believe Shannon owns it.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I don't miss any of the guitars I've gotten rid of... well, maybe my black Legend acoustic, but the neck was broken when I gave it away, so I don't really miss it that much (I don't miss my Takamine acoustic I gave away because the actions above the 12th fret on the high e and b strings were messed up). I kind of miss my bass, but it was cheap and I could easily get a nicer 5 or 6-string bass with active pickups when I want to (but I just don't have the room).

Most of my guitars that I got rid of, I actually felt pretty relieved when I got rid of them (like my 1969 Teisco strat copy, which was the first guitar owned. Piece of crap. I bought it for something like $90 used, then sold it to my brother's friend for $10. Ha ha). I can't really say I miss any of the guitars I got rid of (unless you include guitars that are still technically mine, but are in the US right now).

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only one I regret getting rid of was my customized Charvel sixer... I had the body completely reshaped on it, somewhat similar to a Reb Beach sig, white with green DiMarzio PAF Pros and an HS2 for the center single. I sold it around 93 when I was at college and would kill to have it back. I've pondered going to Lancaster, PA (where I was in school) and doing a tour of all the music shops in the off hope that I'd find it again.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
That Carvin costed me $885 a little over a year ago, and I just spec'd it out, and now it would cost $1012. :mad: :wallbash:

I guess it's not a ton o' money when you're already spending that much, but a nearly 15% increase in a year? I want raises at work like that!

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
Jeff said:
That Carvin costed me $885 a little over a year ago, and I just spec'd it out, and now it would cost $1012. :mad: :wallbash:

I guess it's not a ton o' money when you're already spending that much, but a nearly 15% increase in a year? I want raises at work like that!

Yeah that Carvin is badass.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
GiantBaba said:
Yeah that Carvin is badass.

Some dude on H-C has it now (bought it from the In Stock section on Carvin.com), put foam above the nut to dampen the vibrations, and voila! None of the issues I had with it, and he loves it. Fucker!!! :lol:

keithb

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I miss my Jem7VSBL - needed the money at the time, but damn that was a nice guitar.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I regret getting rid of my '98 UV777BK so I could get my S 7420, shitty move kinda but at least I love my S. I will own another UV777BK someday, I told myself that about 3 or 4 years ago.

Sweet Carvin, Jeff, that is a beautiful guitar, I can see how you'd regret ever getting rid of that. :agreed:

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Shawn said:
I regret getting rid of my '98 UV777BK so I could get my S 7420, shitty move kinda but at least I love my S. I will own another UV777BK someday, I told myself that about 3 or 4 years ago.

Sweet Carvin, Jeff, that is a beautiful guitar, I can see how you'd regret ever getting rid of that. :agreed:

Well new guitar time is approaching. Once I get off of my lazy ass and sell the trumpet for ~ $700, and then net about $200+ Christmas loot, and my birthday's coming up too, I imagine I will net enough profit from all that to get a pretty sweet guitar. If I get the Carvin, I will duplicate that one exactly.

Otherwise, Schecter and maybe even Ibanez is in the running. It's going to be my last guitar for awhile, so I want to spend a fair amount on it and get a really nice one.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: That would be awesome if you got the same exact Carvin again. :yesway:

Clydefrog

Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
Waay too many to list them all, but I miss my Roswell Rhoads although I never played them as they were missing a string and I also regret getting rid of my EMG'd RG7621 now the 60-7 is here.

I think it went to Donnie who colour matched the headstock and now I believe Shannon owns it.

:wallbash:

That sounds so awesome. I recently got a white RG with a matching white headstock, but I still weep over my lost white RG7621. White is pretty much my favorite color.

Latest posts

')