Guitars You've Wanted from Your Childhood!

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whats the first guitar you GAS'd for? When I first started playing I was huge into korn so I wanted a k7 really badly. I ended up buying a different 7 for only a few hundred less because I didn't realize used K7's go for a pretty reasonable price :(

Pics are a bonus too so post em up!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
I always thought Korn's guitar players had really cool guitars. So by the time I was 17 and got my first Ibanez, I had been GASing for 4 years!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
6076c132.jpg

Another would be a black PRS Custom 24. Can't find any pics, though, since all I can find are trans-black ones.

EDIT: Here's a pic of that guitar... Just... Broken. :ugh:

b18-2.jpg

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
A Gibson LPC in wine red. Still want one to this day.

Pat_tct

Reaction score
First guitar I wanted when i startet playing was the Alexi Leiho sig from ESP and The James Heatfield Snakebyte Explorer-Style Guitar (don't know the name atm)

got the ESP Alexy Leiho sig (the cheap 200-Model)... damn that guitar was aweful... i was so disappointed :(

cronux

Reaction score
here's my GAS from since I was like 16 (still want them all)

57284_2.jpg

1341151516246235727275.jpg

concrete.jpg

75033881.jpg

ItWillDo

KGB Apparatchik
Reaction score
From the very first moment I saw this guitar, I knew I had to have one. And someday, I goddamn will:

Ibanez_JEM7WH.jpg

dreamermind

Steel Panther Fan
Reaction score
when I was little I've dreamed about this guitar, because I was huge Shenker fan and still is. but I would look ridiculous now with this shape because I put my guitar very high, may be some day it will be my home guitar when nobody sees me :)

5880660947_172557a930_z.jpg

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
I always liked Jackson guitars - proper 80s thrash machines. As soon as I could afford one I got one.

tm20

Reaction score
my first guitar was a tele given to me by a family friend. i thought it was pretty good, until i saw a few others with a fender strat. i didn't know anything about guitars back then so when i saw that the strat had a tremolo, a middle pickup and a cooler looking body i was so jealous :lol: but it's all good because now i got 3 ibanez's :fawk:

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
Wes Borland was the man who made me want to pick up a guitar when I was 12, and I knew he played a pointy ibanez so all I wanted was a pointy ibanez. Ended up with a 6 string Gio not realizing he played 7s, but I finally got my 7 string RG a few days ago!

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
When I started out I was a huge Dimebag fanboy, and so I wanted one of these:

ml%2079%20f%20tbz.jpg

And consequently here's what my first guitar ended up being:

2012-04-10155809.jpg

It's only a cheap "Baby ML", with a 3/4 size body and a full-size neck, but it's served me well and sounds great. Plus, it was a little more manageable than a full-sized dining-table ML for the short, skinny 12 year old I was. And it was cheap.

I did the burnt chrome pickup covers myself, which is why they're shit.

Reaction score
This :
RG570_BK.jpg

When I was 14, I would go to the local music store where they had one on display and look at it almost daily. I had only seen stratocasters and teles up to then and this monster was something completely alien to me. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

Best part: my parents divorced and mom wanted to do something special for me and decided to buy me a decent guitar because I was always playing crappy gear.
So she went to a guitar store and asked the owner for advice. Turns out she went to my guitar store and the owner advised her to buy this exact guitar. Which she did, and it was probably the best gift I ever had.

I played the crap out of it for the next 15 years and it is now retired (switched to 7's) but it still is a great guitar.

I am 36 now and still waiting for her to get me a surprise JP7 BFR. :)

')