Guitars You've Wanted from Your Childhood!

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kreml

Reaction score
My first crush was on a B.C. Rich Warlock NJ Deluxe.. But then i saw some Tyr music videos and instantly fell in love with the Green Dot UV7 they use..

Some years later i got the Warlock, but i cant seem to find any Green Dots for sale in Europe :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

I Voyager

Reaction score
Anything James Hetfield owned, ever. Same with Alexi Laiho and Matt Heafy/Corey Beaulieu.

thraxil

cylon
Reaction score
This was the ad that I lusted over for years as a broke teenager making due with a crappy strat copy:
ad_guita.jpg

s4tch

Reaction score
d3a9467e59_72408_o2.jpg

I saw it in '89 for the first time, I guess. I didn't even started listening metal, but DAT RHOADS!!!

stratjacket

Lost in a loop
Reaction score
In the late 80's I used to dream about a Charvel Model 6. My friend had one and I fell in love with it.

2731858518_c97a73429c.jpg

texshred777

Reaction score
I'll second the SRV Strat was the first guitar I really GAS'd for. I was an SRV nut for many years.

Then I saw the UV777BK. I was into Korn at the time and knew they played 7's. That's one I still GAS for.

uv777.jpg

Don Vito

Reaction score
I started playing guitar in early 2009, so this was pretty much the coolest thing ever when I first saw it:
31LB88he4OL.jpg

We didn't have any real guitar stores in my town outside of Pawns.. but a local CD store had a few of these Axl's and 2 acoustics(and Epiphone and an Ibanez)

Deep down inside, I still want one. They're cheap as fuck.

Olin

Reaction score
A blue sunburst Rickenbacker 4003.
I would still do some really questionable things for any Rickenbacker.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Still have never gotten a UV or Jem. They were my dream guitars back in the day. If the old ones weren't just crazy in price now I proabably would have. The new ones don't do it for me.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Saw one like this at Sam Goody except it was black and blue and always thought it was awesome

bc+rich+warlock+(1).jpg

billie-joe-armstrong1.jpg

Randy+Rhoads+with+his+guitars.gif

AllenCollins.jpg

zakk_wylde.jpg

ZAKK+WYLDE+LIVE+94.png

rebel4.jpg

Steve_U1S

Reaction score
One of Waylon Jennings' leather-bound Telecasters...
That, spawned from my wanting to emulate my father's ability to play and absorbing so much of his musical taste growing up, was at the genesis of my trying out playing guitar; the Tele shape still to this day gets a deep-down reaction from me when I lay eyes on them. Even built one by making the body in Junior High wood shop, and piecing it together over that summer with my Dad's purchasing power/support =]
Eventually covered it in faux leather, which I carved and painted up to look the part; a bunch of years back I gifted my father with that guitar in tribute to his inspiration to me, especially since he always loved that guitar, and the way it came together.

Azathoth43

ל ו ו י י ת ן
Reaction score
Universe PWH: Ever since seeing Rocky George with one I've GASed for one.

14220222.jpg

Peavey Vandenberg: A friend had one when I was a youth. I've never played a guitar with an action so low and so clear.

1567314d1caeb0e573e.jpg

B.C. Rich Warlock: I used to be a big Blackie Lawless fan. Emphasis on used to be.

1222gz.jpg

Rypac

Reaction score
Zakk Wylde's custom ZV Gibson. Deep down I still really want it...

2854719961_e52fcb9afb.jpg

Reaction score
The Gibson Gothic Flying V was the first guitar I ever fell in love with. I now want a Draco with similar specs as a commemorative thing.

20110306-IMGP5085.JPG

')