Guns N' Roses Release New Song "ABSUЯD"

• Thread starter BenjaminW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BenjaminW

Reaction score
First new song since Chinese Democracy that apparently has been a rework of a song called Silkworms.

To me, it's really messy and Axl's distorted vocals don't make things any better.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bdtunn

Reaction score
Some decent solos but the song as a whole is a big let down….too bad as I do love me some guns!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Well that song is an audio shit sandwich. Seriously, if someone didn’t tell you it was GNR would you even know?

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
[Flame suit on]
G' 'n' R' captured lightning in a bottle with Appetite, but every release since then has been more disappointing than the previous one. Every time I hear a new song, I expect it to be awful, and 90% of the time it still falls short of my expectations.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
They have their place in music history and they should stay there. No one needs this.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I heard the live version from Fenway a couple days ago and I thought it was terrible. Meanwhile every comment was how great axl sounded lol?!

Absurd! Absurd! Absurd.

akinari

Reaction score
Go to 2:24 in the video for my exact reaction.

This gave me the same feeling as that version of Never Gonna Give You Up where everything is pitched to C.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I thought I didn't like what Maiden recently put out but I actually like that more than this in comparison. It actually kind of sounds funny. That absurd out of place "AHHHHHHHHH"

GraemeH

Reaction score
Yeah it's a bit crap, but it's ancient, from the Buckethead/Finck era. I wouldn't read anything into it. Would be like calling Oh My God the new Guns N' Roses song.

Incidentally, I've re-listened to Chinese Democracy a couple times in the last few days - underrated album due to the circumstances surrounding it. Great songs.

SD83

Reaction score
Granted, I've always prefered Guns'n'Roses when they didn't have Axl Rose in them and where called Velvet Revolver (he kind of worked suprisingly well in AC/DC, but other than that, kind of horrible voice to my ears), but this... there is a degree of "interesting idea" in it, but the excecution is just poor. Just like the mix. Youtube might be partly to blame there, but it just sounds horribly lifeless to me, lacking any kind of energy. I liked the intro though, before the vocals set in. That could lead into a good song, if you had a proper singer and didn't hire your 14 year old nephew as a sound engineer.

BMFan30

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Granted, I've always prefered Guns'n'Roses when they didn't have Axl Rose in them and where called Velvet Revolver
I dug Velvet Revolver myself. I actually only like a few GnR songs but I like a lot of VR songs.

')