Guthrie Govan and The Aristocrats US tour! May 18-25

• Thread starter jordanky
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Needless to say I got quite a rager in my pants when I found out about this. Come hell or high water, I will be at the May 24th date in Charleston, WV. More info here!

The Aristocrats

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alcojuana

Reaction score
caught them on the last tour in seattle. awesome live show. drank a shit ton of beer with the whole band after the gig. i highly recommend going to see them.

Lagtastic

Five Align
Reaction score
Are you kidding me?!?! They are actually hitting Charlotte on such a short tour. I've played the place they are playing at least a dozen times. It's crazy small, might fit 200 people. Guthrie playing solo on an acoustic with tamborines on his feet deserves 200 people, I would expect much more for The Aristocrats.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
The venue in Charleston may even be smaller than 200 capacity, I'm extremely excited. I'm gonna see if Guthrie will wipe his sweat on me, maybe I'll get better at guitar?

Dan

Reaction score
Just come back from seeing them tonight. Very talented musicians, the lot of them. Pity it was a stand up gig only though, christ my back hurts :lol:

Mwoit

Reaction score
Guthrie Govan, Marco Minneman and Brian Beller; MIND BLOWN.

They so good at guitar, drums and bass.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Bumping this for a show report and some pictures. I honestly don't even want to play music anymore. These guys are seriously all too good at what they do, without a doubt the best live display of music I've ever seen. Guthrie also gave me his setlist that he wrote up himself, and it's going to be going up in a frame on a wall somewhere in my homeplace.

f32fd23b.jpg

First some of Guthrie's gear. Suhr and Vigier boner time. Plus a fairly simple pedalboard for the ridiculous amount of sounds he can make come out of his guitars.

aed40dd4.jpg

7300cf5e.jpg

Without a doubt, I had the best spot in the venue.
400fc055.jpg

f1d4f880.jpg

64c758a4.jpg

9335a221.jpg

Here's a video someone else shot of the song 'Waves' from the Erotic Cakes album. If you watch it, you'll see me literally right next to Guthrie Govan. Definitely was an awesome night.

And finally, the goods!
2e22e9a5.jpg

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Damn, no Florida.

Are you kidding me?!?! They are actually hitting Charlotte on such a short tour. I've played the place they are playing at least a dozen times. It's crazy small, might fit 200 people. Guthrie playing solo on an acoustic with tamborines on his feet deserves 200 people, I would expect much more for The Aristocrats.

That sounds like the perfect place for a jazz fusion act like The Aristocrats. Very small, intimate, those are the best places for jazz shows.

')