Guthrie Govan Appreciation

• Thread starter TheFerryMan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
1:38, not Guthrie doing that solo, every other member does a fantastic job. But I wonder where they found that bassist.

Something tells me he is not a true Asian.. :squint:

Other guitarist is not as 'technical' as Guthrie Govan but holy shit, he's ridiculously good at any rate, really wasn't expecting that there was gonna be a guy that was gonna really hold his own against Guthrie. Some very tasty lines and absolutely AWESOME vibrato:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
While I'm here, I don't get why Rusty Cooley is hailed as the god of Alt picking.
Guthrie is just as fast, but 100 times cleaner and more precise and his lines are more complex to boot.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
While I'm here, I don't get why Rusty Cooley is hailed as the god of Alt picking.
Guthrie is just as fast, but 100 times cleaner and more precise and his lines are more complex to boot.

To me, that's a little like asking why Thor is hailed as the god of thunder while Jehovah's thunder is far cleaner and more complex. Not really a fair comparison. :metal:

Then again I'm an atheist in terms of both cosmology and the guitar. Guthrie's still a badass, even if he may technically not exist.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
But I wonder where they found that bassist.

Well, it's a Korean band, playing on Korean television, so I hope I'm not out of line in suggesting that they found him somewhere in Korea.

Something tells me he is not a true Asian.. :squint:
And as we all know, there's no better judge of how Asian someone is than a Swede.

Murmel

Reaction score
Well, it's a Korean band, playing on Korean television, so I hope I'm not out of line in suggesting that they found him somewhere in Korea.

And as we all know, there's no better judge of how Asian someone is than a Swede.

Jesus Christ, light the fuck up dude. We all know that post was totally serious.

Or was it now?

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Just listened to his work with Asia - very tasteful playing. I dig his style.

Static

Reaction score
i love Guthrie, his playing is just nuts so i decided to learn couple of his tunes ..I tried waves and gave up half way ..I tried fives and gave up half way ...i tried wonderful slippery thing and gave up half way.

Picture_1.png

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
I don't even understand how anyone can say that this dude doesn't have soul in his playing! Sure, he tears it up.

But other times he makes me tear up. ;)

Runner

Reaction score
Saw him yesterday live for the first time with the Aristocrats.

Man, that was some tasty playing...

BTW: New Aristocrats Album in 2013 :)

')