Guthrie Govan Appreciation

• Thread starter TheFerryMan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nazca

Reaction score
Guthrie is GOD, and he's so god damn humble that he won't admit it. But he knows it really.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
I started working on part of Fives recently, and it made me realize that Guthrie isn't just good, he's so good that anyone else looks stupid even picking up a guitar.

TheFerryMan

Sauvage
Reaction score
I tried learning a part of Eric, the wierd tapping melodic section that pops up every now and again and well...

I started working on Waves instead.

then i just stopped.

metalheadblues

Reaction score
^ give fives a chance,pretty cool song to play..
Waves is just crazy to even attempt to play imo
Yeah GG is awesome..sux we can't expect a follow up album anytime soon but i think he has a side project going on with some other dudes..

Church2224

Guitar Whore
Reaction score
Fives and Ner Ner always get me. Two works of art. One of, if the best guitarists today.

TheFerryMan

Sauvage
Reaction score
^ give fives a chance,pretty cool song to play..
Waves is just crazy to even attempt to play imo
Yeah GG is awesome..sux we can't expect a follow up album anytime soon but i think he has a side project going on with some other dudes..

started looking at the tab..
then the tapping part made my butt-clench tighter than a crabs.

shreddanson

Reaction score
The intro to Waves just blows me the fuck away. Also currently reading Creative Guitar 1 and 2 - I think these are my favorite instructional booklets. His exercises and the way he explains them are super-comprehensible and his writing style cracks me up. I recommend those books if any of you have yet to read em.

Also, whenever I go on UG I feel like I drop an IQ point or 10...

Nick1

Reaction score
Im a big Guthrie fan. He really is just beyond amazing in every style. His playing and his writing is just so inspiring to me. Every time I hear him I think "I need to go practice".

TheEvilsocky

Reaction score
^

Dude "The Aristocrats" Gutrie on guitar Brian Bellar on bass and Marco Minniman on drums! :bowdown: And Christ it sound awesome!

TheEvilsocky

Reaction score
, sorry i'm too stupid in the head to post up the actual video. oh apparently this site is stupid proof. nevermind then.

TheFerryMan

Sauvage
Reaction score
, sorry i'm too stupid in the head to post up the actual video. oh apparently this site is stupid proof. nevermind then.

god that makes me thirsty.

and am i the only one that wants to see Gunthrie and Mattias "IA" Eklundh work together.

I think my head would implode.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
He receives a great deal of love here and I'm sure there's been more than a few appreciation threads but yes he's a staggering player no matter the style. Not particularly prolific but hopefully his recorded output will increase at some point in the near future....:)

Murmel

Reaction score
1:38, not Guthrie doing that solo, every other member does a fantastic job. But I wonder where they found that bassist.

Something tells me he is not a true Asian.. :squint:

')