Guys, throw your guitars away.

• Thread starter Velixo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drgamble

Reaction score
I'm still keeping my guitars, if something would have made me give up it would have been seeing Steve Vai live. It just made me want to play even more.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
It's very good, I like it... but, it's nothing earth shattering or new... how is this better than anything Erra or Periphery are doing in that djenre? :scratch:

More importantly, is that volume knob touching the pickup?

Ahhh, after looking at the post below, this makes more sense...

bhakan

Reaction score
It's very good, I like it... but, it's nothing earth shattering or new... how is this better than anything Erra or Periphery are doing in that djenre? :scratch:

More importantly, is that volume knob touching the pickup?
These are guitar samples like Superior drummer for guitar, his post has nothing to do with the "playing" in the clip but how realistic it sounds (assuming I interpreted everything right)

Edit: beat to the punch

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
Pretty cool, but I'd be more excited about some kind of sensor that attaches to your throat and sends a MIDI signal to your DAW. Then you just load up your favorite singer captured as an IR with different mic's and bam!!!!!! Instant vocals of your choice :lol:

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
Just coming from a thread on GearSlutz, where they were arguing that generic plugins and sample libraries spell the death of creativity in a genre...

I don't think real guitarists are at threat from this, clearly. It's just a toy for keyboard players, who'll eventually realise just how good real musicians & guitarists are after using this. :D

Admittedly, it is convenient.

^ Damn... I'd almost convinced myself this was no threat to us all. How can we compete with a virtual instrument that doesn't leave the seat up, never burns holes in the customer courtesy sofas or takes up a parking space... :(

/jk :D

WhiteWalls

Reaction score
The first shreddage was well worth the money but had some flaws, sometimes it was just too complicated to setup properly and had phasing issues with palm mutes, but it was still extremely convenient to import a song from guitar pro and BAM you have a good sounding guitar.

I like to see it as a middle step between guitar pro and the real recording, sometimes you just don't have the time to record everything you write to make sure it's good, especially if it's complicated stuff that takes a while to learn. Shreddage allowed me to write songs more easily on my laptop when I as at school or I didn't have access to a guitar, but still I was pretty limited because as I said some of the features were buggy or hard to use.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
I don't get it.

Cool, a program that plays guitar for you.

Why the fuck would you want that?

bigswifty

Reaction score
I don't get it.

Cool, a program that plays guitar for you.

Why the fuck would you want that?

No kidding, lets just remove the reason we record in the first place, so that we can lack any sort of instrumental talent AND sound soul-less and shittier! :mad:

Reaction score
Taylor was kidding, he uses trilian instead of a real bass dude :lol:

I don't think you can "cheat" in music, if anything this opens up more creative options for you. You can spend more time writing, exploring ideas, etc... instead of spending HOURS AND HOURS in the woodshed honing those chops.

We all use s2.0, trilian, etc... so what's the harm here?

')