Guys, throw your guitars away.

• Thread starter Velixo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
I want to do a project with this, S2.0, Trilian and a Vocaloid.

Just to really get that warm analog feel, yo.

Genome

Reaction score
Don't see what the huge problem is. No-one is going to completely give up guitar to use this instead. If they did, then they're not worth it as musicians.

It does have its purposes, I can see it being really good for demo'ing. Especially for bands/guitarists on tour who want to write new material whilst travelling.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Now, I am confused is this a sample library or a vst?

VST doesn't mean it's not a sample library. Superior Drummer and Eastwest Orchestra etc. are all sample based. Other VSTs make sound by synthesis.

I'm pretty sure this is sample based haha, else that's some damn good synthesis.

If you meant a riff library like the 8Dio one, I'm pretty sure this isn't like that.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Is this for drummers who can't afford to have a real guitar amp mic'd because of space/loudness issues?

Either way, pretty cool if your traveling and have some riffs you want to remember :)

nojyeloot

Reaction score
OP:

sterile-main.jpg

VacantPlanet

Reaction score
I think it's a pretty cool idea for people who don't play guitar but want to have one in demos, whatever (i.e. bassists, drummers, keyboardists, ect.). It just seems like it'll do for drummers what Superior and EzDrummer did for guitarists. As for it replacing guitarists? Did superior replace Gene Hoglan, Richard Christy, Matt Halpern, Tomas Haake, or Portnoy? While it'll help guys out, I don't think it'll squeeze us out of the mix. Although Metallica could probably use Superior, but that's another story :idea:

bigswifty

Reaction score
I think it's a pretty cool idea for people who don't play guitar but want to have one in demos, whatever (i.e. bassists, drummers, keyboardists, ect.). It just seems like it'll do for drummers what Superior and EzDrummer did for guitarists. As for it replacing guitarists? Did superior replace Gene Hoglan, Richard Christy, Matt Halpern, Tomas Haake, or Portnoy? While it'll help guys out, I don't think it'll squeeze us out of the mix. Although Metallica could probably use Superior, but that's another story :idea:

Metallica could probably use a plane collision with Mt. Washington :lol:

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty cool stuff. I literally had no idea it was all synthesized while first listening...just thought it was some real speedydjenty stuff. Impressive.

BadBovineNickel

Reaction score
Eh...not so interesting to me. Sounded okay, but still fake to my ears. Really, I thought the tone is closer than some others, but it's like fake classical/folk guitar - just sort of bland. Articulation sounds weird to me. But it does with all those other instruments too - brass, strings, etc. Seems like this stuff is leveling off IMHO. There was a huge increase in quality a few years ago, then...it's all gotten slightly better, but if you're listening, all the stuff sounds plastic to me. Including the drums. If it's used for writing to help out people who don't have access to other players, that's one thing - to hype it any other way doesn't make sense to me.

pentecost

Reaction score
Could be a good tool, so long as you aren't hammering a screw. Definitely not album ready imo, but I'd much rather practice to this than a "real sound engine" :nono:
This stuff will either improve or bring more backlash against hyper-quantizing. Either way, I expect music will sound more "human" somewhere down the line.

Oxidation_Shed

Nightman.
Reaction score
It just about gets by with this style, but it would be interesting to see what it makes of more expressive parts - I can't imagine them being particularly effective. But as a tool for drummers to take a more active part in the writing process and for demos this could be very useful.

I'm not looking forward to the brave new world VSTs like this herald, where there's no point playing an instrument because you can just do it all on a computer :/

')