Guys, throw your guitars away.

• Thread starter Velixo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
Taylor was kidding, he uses trilian instead of a real bass dude :lol:

I don't think you can "cheat" in music, if anything this opens up more creative options for you. You can spend more time writing, exploring ideas, etc... instead of spending HOURS AND HOURS in the woodshed honing those chops.

We all use s2.0, trilian, etc... so what's the harm here?

To be honest I think this is a bit of a stretch. I don't think the world needs the making of over-the-top music to be made even MORE easily as this will make it.

"WHO NEEDS TALENT WHEN YOU HAVE COMPUTERS?"

All this fake shit already sucks :lol:
I'd record real bass and real drums in a heartbeat.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
To be honest I think this is a bit of a stretch. I don't think the world needs the making of over-the-top music to be made even MORE easily as this will make it.

"WHO NEEDS TALENT WHEN YOU HAVE COMPUTERS?"

At least all the stuff I make with Trilian I can actually play..

I agree with you to an extent, but do we program parts we can play on drums?

I see what you mean about the threat of over the top tech death at 892 bpm but really...it doesn't have to be over the top...what about some really nice fingerpicked stuff? I'm sure I'm not the only one with terrible chops to play classical stuff yet would love to incorporate some of those elements :lol:

Just something to think about I guess.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
I edited it to make more sense.

I actually have a drummer who can play everything I write. :lol:
Fucker moved to Onterrible for school though.

WHAT A SELFISH PERSON.

Ermz

Reaction score
Really cool tool to use for pre-production demos etc. Not something I'd entertain for a release product though.

Reaction score
Yeah but I think we all know how hard it can be finding a drummer/bassist that:

a) Isn't retarded
b) Has chops
c) Doesn't have a crazy destructive drug habit
d) Has his own gear
e) Can actually pitch for things

Plus a lot of people (hobbiests) like me don't have too much time to be learning other instruments, especially older guys that are done with school and have a full blown job/kids/beezy.

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
Yeah but I think we all know how hard it can be finding a drummer/bassist that:

a) Isn't retarded
b) Has chops
c) Doesn't have a crazy destructive drug habit
d) Has his own gear
e) Can actually pitch for things

Plus a lot of people (hobbiests) like me don't have too much time to be learning other instruments, especially older guys that are done with school and have a full blown job/kids/beezy.

You know I'm not really serious right?

Taylor2

Do you even lift
Reaction score
I THOUGHT YOU WERE FO REAL LATER YOU CALGARIAN BEEF LOVING PRINCESS!!!oneoneone!!!h8h8!!!ONEONE

I like pretty dresses.

/On topic

I wont use this midi guitar thing.
It serves me no purpose.
Neat idea in theory, but I fear, just like Superior Drummer, it will end up as being a replacement for musicians.

Genome

Reaction score
Next live gig:

Set up laptop, connect to FOH, hit play.

Go and have a beer and watch the show with everyone else.

bigswifty

Reaction score
You can't compare this to S2.0..

Superior Drummer is super practical for guitarists who can't afford to have an entire kit mic'd up and played for one recording. Space is also an issue.

Drummers who do use S2.0 usually PLAY an electric kit with the S2.0 sounds mapped out to each drum/cymbal. So essentially, they are still playing.
That would be equivilant to playing a guitar and using this program as an impulse, essentially.

I use S2.0 and I'm a guitarist. I wouldn't use this shit cause it defeats the purpose of my craft. :fawk:

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
My drummer/keyboardist buddy writes a ton of music with BuzzMachines and uses any VST's and samples he can find. He can't play guitar for shit, but likes to be able to program the guitar in a way that sounds similar to the way he thinks it should be played, then he let's a guitarist hear it and goes from there... a program like this is well worth any price to somebody like him.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Why am I throwing my guitars away? Cuz of this shit?

This reminds me of the "you don't actually have to learn to play" stuff Guitar Hero started. Don't get me wrong... Composition skills are still the harder part, I just prefer actually playing the guitar instead of making an app for everything...

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Its just a tool, guys, and somebody will be able to use it. So what if somebody is able to create guitar sounds without being able to play a guitar? I think that's pretty cool. I can't play keyboard as well as I can write piano parts, and I don't think anybody here will criticize me for programming my piano parts.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Yup, don't give guitar sounds to the keyboard player. No way. Let him live with the piano, brass, woodwind, string, and synthetic sounds he already has. Guitar? That's going too far.

thenickarchives

Reaction score
Damn, i was just tellin my friend the other day how something like this was gonna come out and ruin everything haha

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Its just a tool, guys, and somebody will be able to use it. So what if somebody is able to create guitar sounds without being able to play a guitar? I think that's pretty cool. I can't play keyboard as well as I can write piano parts, and I don't think anybody here will criticize me for programming my piano parts.

I was more responding to the notion that I should abandon the real deal... It's ludicrous.

')