H?NGD: 2012 Ibanez RG2XXVFPK 25th Anniversary

• Thread starter rexbinary
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rexbinary

The MOD King!
Reaction score
I had a chance to pick one of these up at a decent price at Guitar Center a few years ago but passed. The other day was watching some YouTube vids and a guy had a florescent pink JEM that made me think of this guitar. I took a look on eBay and found one still new at a pretty decent price so I went for it.

rexbinary-albums-gear-picture10168-2012-ibanez-rg2xxvfpk-25th-anniversary.jpg

It's a beauty. It looks really nice. It still has the plastic on the pick guard and there is not a scratch on it. It's pretty much in excellent condition except..... it has sharp frets like mad. I mean like...most all of them. :noplease:

It seems to play OK although it's hard to tell while dodging the sharp frets. I'm going to take it in to have the frets fixed and get it setup. I'm just wondering how much it will cost to make it playable? If it's too much I might should just return it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Kenivel

Stunt Guitar
Reaction score
Now you just need some pink strings!

And an obvious fret dressing :lol:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Congrats! Pink pickups and yellow knobs stat!

I've got the same model and I've been playing it a fair amount lately. I was shocked that it was holding up well with my MIJ RGs. Got lucky with the setup I guess.

Fret dressing shouldn't cost too much. Get the store you got it from to get done for you if possible, or if not a trusted tech.

HotKarl

Reaction score
That is pretty. Pink RGs are so slick.

My local store does fret ends for less than $30 so hope you can get that done inexpensive.

rexbinary

The MOD King!
Reaction score
So I finally got a chance to take this in to get it setup, and have the frets dressed. I have really started making friends with this guitar, and it grows on me more every time I play it. :wub3: I was concerned I would need to swap out the pickups. While they could be brighter, so far I think I am OK with them. Turns out this was a great buy for me after getting it fixed up. :woot:

TomaComa

Reaction score
Beauty ! had the opportunity to test one of those, they are beasts, luckily this one hadn't any sharp fret problem. Nice you're digging it !

')