Hacktivist drum mix

• Thread starter Dash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dash

Reaction score

What did he use for drums? I mean I don't really like the overall sound (it does work for Hacktivist) but it IS punchy as hell, it hits you right on the nose. I've asked this before but I never really got a very useful answer apart from parallel compression.

I'm guessing parallel compression and somekind of sidechain so that the guitars and the bass go down a little bit when the snare hits (which creates that snare popping out?), I think.

Anyone got more tips? I'm not looking to copy this at all but I'm just interested in drum mixing and the different techniques.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
It's hard to say what he uses, but I'd be willing to guess it's superior drummer 2

Dash

Reaction score
It's hard to say what he uses, but I'd be willing to guess it's superior drummer 2

Most definitely, maybe in combination with TMF and some samples but yea, I'm more interested in the techniques. :)

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
(Technically now) Stolen monitors.

I am going to assume Superior also.

Dash

Reaction score
Hmm this is no help. I'm not trying to sound like a little bitch, I'm just interested in his techniques since I haven't heard any other drum mix that sounds like it so I'm wondering what he did with his drum mix. I'm not interested in presets and samples since I actually want to learn from this. :cool:

Dash

Reaction score
lots of compression and post editing! trial and error will help you

Yep I think so too. I guess to only way to find out is to try stuff myself. I will promise that if I get a good preset out of it I will share it of course. Anyways thanks.

')