Had a Stellate Ganglion Block Done Today

• Thread starter Nick1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick1

Reaction score
Ok Im sure you guys dont know what a Stellate Ganglion Block is . So in a nutshell, It is a shot of cortosone and several other medicines that together create a pain block. That shot is given about 2 inches to the left of the adams apple in your neck. It was NOT the most pleasent thing. But it wasnt TOO painful either. I was given LOTS of Novacane. So I felt a "pressure" instead of pain. The worst part was that every 2 min over the corse of 15 min the Doc injected more and I could feel it and hear it being injected (kinda like when your heart is racing from lots of exercise or lots of drugs:lol: ) So that was weird. But I have to have at least 1 more of these. 1 week from today is #2. If they work then every 6 months or until the pain goes away permanantly. I really hope that this one or at most #2 does the trick!
Anyway thought Id share my day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick1

Reaction score
It calms certain muscles and nerves that cause common pain in the arm and neck.

It lasts as short as 6 hours and as long as 2 weeks. But after multi-shots you "might" get a permenant solution to your pain.