Hahah, uber shredding

• Thread starter Chris
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Toshiro said:
James is the god of guitar for me. :shred: :metal:

I actually bought the CD only for that song and this clip on the DVD. :lol:
Plus it has Deicide vocalist Glen Benton on that song. :hbang:

I really like the King Diamond song 'In the Fire', too. Hell, I like a bunch of the songs on that album. 'The Dagger', with Robert Flynn and dude from Chimaira, probably my favorite - 'The Enemy', with Dino and Howard Jones (KsE), the Corely Taylor tune 'Rich Man', Mikael Akerfeldt on 'Roads', shit, I even like the Dani Filth tune, lol. *GOLLUM*

James does the intro solo on 'Constitution Down', too.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
James Murphy is awesome. I like his Testament stuff best.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Plus it has Deicide vocalist Glen Benton on that song. :hbang:

I really like the King Diamond song 'In the Fire', too. Hell, I like a bunch of the songs on that album. 'The Dagger', with Robert Flynn and dude from Chimaira, probably my favorite - 'The Enemy', with Dino and Howard Jones (KsE), the Corely Taylor tune 'Rich Man', Mikael Akerfeldt on 'Roads', shit, I even like the Dani Filth tune, lol. *GOLLUM*

James does the intro solo on 'Constitution Down', too.

dude, you got your songs mixed up. :lol:

The Dagger has Rob Flynn and Howard Jones.
The Enemy has Dino and the singer from Chimaira.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
eaeolian said:
Sorry, but I have a *thing* about this band. They play half-assed power/hair metal and wear eyeliner, and somehow they have "street cred" just because their singer used to bark a bit?

Q: What do you get when you kick the female singer out of Poison?
A: A7X

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
dude, you got your songs mixed up. :lol:

The Dagger has Rob Flynn and Howard Jones.
The Enemy has Dino and the singer from Chimaira.
I didn't get the songs mixed up... just the singers! :fawk:

I do shit like that all the time, unfortunately, though. I'm abmidextrous, but I have a very dim conception of left/right, and things like that. As a kid, I had to feel both hands before the Pledge of Allegiance, because I knew my left middle finger had a scar I could feel, my right didn't. Hence, I knew which hand to hold over my heart. :lol: I can never remember which way to turn a screwdriver, someone tells me turn right, I go left, shit like that.

But I did know that. I've only listened to the songs over and over, and I have the album.

Thanks for pointing out that I'm a dumbass, though. I appreciate it. What a pal! :lol:

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Naren said:
James Murphy is awesome. I like his Testament stuff best.

+1000

And his covers are bad-ass too. His cover of Al DiMeola's "Race With the Devil on Spanish Highway" totally rips. It's a pity he got sick and doesn't play anymore :(

Oogadee Boogadee

ss.orggy biscuit
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The King's song on the Roadrunner United disc is by bar the best song on there for me. Matt Beefy worked his balls off to write a killer song for King Diamond and he succeeded. If Trivium got a real singer, i'd might consider giving them a shot. The DVD is cool too. Mike Smith is badass. And so is Jeff Waters.

Anyway, that avenged sevenfold clip sucked. i'm sure he could play better than that. Shame on him for not caring, b/c it showed.

Poor playing + no taste = eye liner

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Now, the Malmsteem "Baroque and Roll" vid right under it... Now that's badass, and I don't even particularly like Yngwie. Lightning-fast, perfect pick articulation, and it's all done with a tone that's only lightly overdriven. Say what you want about the dude, but that guy can play.
:agreed: :hbang: :metal: :yesway:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Holy mother of resurrected threads. :lol:

I should probably take this otherwise useless excuse to point out that, in general, I'm NOT a Malmsteem fan. It's just, the guy's tecnical mastery is undeniable, and that's cool. :metal:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Yngwie is great at doing his pidgeonholed style, no one can argue that. Think of all the great players he influenced- John Pettrucci, Michael Romeo, Ron Jarzombek…

Anyway, I love certain Yngwie moments, but I think he's stopped growing musically, so I would be floored if he came out with something fresh and new, where as I pretty much expect the three guys I listed above to do something fresh and new every time.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
bostjan said:
Anyway, I love certain Yngwie moments, but I think he's stopped growing musically, so I would be floored if he came out with something fresh and new, where as I pretty much expect the three guys I listed above to do something fresh and new every time.

As I've said before, Yngwie's figured out his meal ticket. Apparently, when he plays for "himself", it's in the blues-Hendrix motif.

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
I never saw this thread... or at least I don't remember it. I must say, even though that "shredding" wasn't very clean, at least we can all agree that he's a fuck of a lot better than all of the popular music guitarists today. Introducing some shred like that to kids is a start.=)

bibz

Reaction score
Introducing that as shred completely undignifies the instrument and its masters of all ages.

Maybe a lil extreme but that fuckin sucked balls. Atleast with laiho I cant go 'spend the time it takes for you in makeup on the guitar and you'll be half decent' I can however say 'trade your eyeliner and nailpolish time for shred prac, and maybe you can be in the same timezone as loomis' ;)

David

je t'aime
Contributor
Reaction score
bibz said:
Introducing that as shred completely undignifies the instrument and its masters of all ages.

Maybe a lil extreme but that fuckin sucked balls. Atleast with laiho I cant go 'spend the time it takes for you in makeup on the guitar and you'll be half decent' I can however say 'trade your eyeliner and nailpolish time for shred prac, and maybe you can be in the same timezone as loomis' ;)
your are absolutely right. Those kiddies should go back to listening to Tom Delonge and Simple Plan.:rolleyes:

')