Hair n' metal

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
My thoughts?
Instead of thinking about hair(which actually is not thinking), make music.
Chicks think(which actually is not thinking) about hair, shoes, Prada etc.
Guys have to make music to make money to buy them those things :lol:

uncle_sprinter

Funny user title
Reaction score
My thoughts?
Instead of thinking about hair(which actually is not thinking), make music.
Chicks think(which actually is not thinking) about hair, shoes, Prada etc.
Guys have to make music to make money to buy them those things :lol:

Are you missing two fingers?

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Metal to me is about music not the image, in the cases that matter. If you want to go for a certain image personally that's fine but you shouldn't have to subscribe to a look or a philosophy to play music that you connect with.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
Metal to me is about music not the image, in the cases that matter. If you want to go for a certain image personally that's fine but you shouldn't have to subscribe to a look or a philosophy to play music that you connect with.

Agreed but it's an utopia unless you don't want to make money with music.
Music as a product, needs an image, attitudes and stuff, all genres have their own images, clothes, hairs, attitudes etc, never saw a reaggae band wearing leather and skulls and a metal band dressed up like new kids on the block :nono:
Even not choosing an image is actually choosing an image ;)

Reaction score
Thread over
Vital_Remains_Dave_Suzuki_MC_04.jpg

Aurochs34

SDMF, mofos
Reaction score

Brian D

Reaction score
I don't really think anybody really cares...although most metal does have a certain scene of people which they must fill out the look, in order to attract a regular following.

There's tons of breakers to the stereotype, but just keep in mind you won't look very metal on stage with surfer dude flow, no matter how brutal you are.

Dvaienat

Reaction score
Your haircut and dress sense shouldn't in any way be interconnected with music. There are plenty of metal band members who have had or have short hair. People breaking the mold of long hair-only include Muhammed Suicmez, Brendon Small, Trym Torson, Josh Middleton etc etc. There are probably many more I'm missing out. Metal to me is more about your philosophy and outlook not to mention the music you make.

')