Hair n' metal

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Image is nothing. I'm heavily-tattooed, have a beard and a shaved head. I don't dress like a metalhead, but still I look way more metal than I actually am :lol:

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
This?
shredmode.jpg

or this?
224227_1907665938630_1451275050_2123936_6440021_n.jpg

HaMMerHeD

Reaction score
Once again...this guy says nope...

Page-Hamilton.jpg

But she says....

doris_2.jpg

uh...what?

Murmel

Reaction score
My thoughts?
Instead of thinking about hair(which actually is not thinking), make music.
Chicks think(which actually is not thinking) about hair, shoes, Prada etc.
Guys have to make music to make money to buy them those things :lol:

I care very much about how I look. And I vey much enjoy shoes, and I'm a total whore for nice hair. So I wouldn't say those things are just for women.

People who hate on guys that look good in metal bands are just sad, why does it even matter? Just hating on looks in general is kinda sad, I don't care at all how people around me look. But I want to look good myself, and I do it mostly for myself too, it makes me feel better.

But I also think that you should, while on stage, dress appropriately for your style of music. That doesn't mean you have to dress in non-tight (because tight trousers are frowned upon, am I right? ;)) trousers and band shirts while playing metal. There are other ways of Looking the part, just look at Tosin for example.

Edit: I just realized the thread is about hair, I apologize :lol:
I personally don't like long hair at all on guys. There are few exceptions, but straight hair I generally don't like on guys.
I like it better when it's tied in a cool knot, if they have curly or wavy hair. Especially on Asians because it makes them look totally samurai :lol:

Loved it when Matt Heafy had this thing going (best pic I could find of it..)

tyuMQjhFgl1RSFassqtzjuPdtp-T8PKzPSxDMpUeSY1reChrvH_TBPZHYNemte5i.jpg

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
My thoughts?
Instead of thinking about hair(which actually is not thinking), make music.
Chicks think(which actually is not thinking) about hair, shoes, Prada etc.
Guys have to make music to make money to buy them those things :lol:

I counter this with

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
my hair is halfway down my back, not because i am a serious thrasher, although i am, but because of the fact that i feel that i look better with long hair and because it keeps my ears warm.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Just reclipped my hair (every couple weeks/all the way down) in honor of this thread.
Do kinda miss my old death metal/jesus hair every winter.
I've gotton so used to clipped feel that I'll never go back. But it's colder than hell without a stocking cap or doubling up on hoods.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Just reclipped my hair (every couple weeks/all the way down) in honor of this thread.
Do kinda miss my old death metal/jesus hair every winter.
I've gotton so used to clipped feel that I'll never go back. But it's colder than hell without a stocking cap or doubling up on hoods.

I don't clip but same deal. Short hair is just so much less work, not to mention hats stay on your head, opposed to slowly slipping off.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
I live in a hot country and I always played a lot of different sports so I never had long hair plus short hair is SOOOOOO comfortble.
In the 90's everytime I told somebody I was a guitarist, they gave me a weird look and used to ask 'where's your hair?'
I always wanted to reply 'in your mom's ass!' :lol:
One day Satch was bald, Vai with short hair, a lot of singers like Dickenson and Bon Jovi with short hair so my hair nightmare was over :bowdown:

Blind Theory

Reaction score
Hair IS metal, guys! You just need to think of the metal greats and realize that they ALL have hair or had hair when they where getting to their legend status. It is just simple math. Here is the equation:

Hl=SP

Where H equals Hair, l equals length and SP equals star power. It is all very, very simple stuff.

I just thought I'd add this: On a serious note I feel what your hair length/style is, is totally dependent on your profession. If you own a family restaurant chances are the long hair/metal head look won't cut it but on the other hand if you own a bar or something like that, long hair/metal head look can be appropriate. It is all in perspective I imagine.

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
I just have long flowing hair to make the ladies jealous. It's pretty sweet having drunk chicks playing with yer hair in nightclubs.

Me being metal is simply a bonus :hbang:

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
I just have long flowing hair to make the ladies jealous. It's pretty sweet having drunk chicks playing with yer hair in nightclubs.

Yep keep them playing with your hair while I keep them playing with my.............you know what :lol:

g-zs

Got beagle?
Reaction score
Funny (and stupid) thing is that once we kicked off from band vocalist, that cut his hair ;) There was also fact that he completely couldn't sing anything with clear notes, but his hair were that impuls we needed to change something ;)

And I have long hairs since about 10 years, but they're curly so it looks shorter than it really is. Long hair and full beard FTW!

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score

Too bad Newcastles Nightclubs suck ass.

Short hair is the way to go, I hate hair in front of my eyes, and touching my neck haha. I use to have longish hair, but I ended up getting really sick of it, and prefer it shorter.

')