Hair n' metal

soliloquy

Reaction score
long hair just makes it fun to watch helicopter/head banging:

f83cb3eb5ebc47ff9f0c5d744835.jpeg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
Your haircut and dress sense shouldn't in any way be interconnected with music. There are plenty of metal band members who have had or have short hair. People breaking the mold of long hair-only include Muhammed Suicmez, Brendon Small, Trym Torson, Josh Middleton etc etc. There are probably many more I'm missing out. Metal to me is more about your philosophy and outlook not to mention the music you make.

Mohammed has started growing his hair now.

violent mouth

Reaction score
it doesnt really matter, i have a mohwak its it metal or punk? who cares...

all i know is, no matter what gig you go to there is allways somebody with stinky dreds!

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
Its hair, who gives a shit. This is metal, if you think you have to have a certain hairstyle to fit in, go join a pop band. Metal is about music, it doesn't matter what you look like or where you come from or any of that petty stuff.

This is coming from a guy who loves hair metal as well as a fuckload of other genres of metal

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
Metal is about music, it doesn't matter what you look like or where you come from or any of that petty stuff.

Yeah maybe it's only in your 12 years old kids world where people know nothing about music industry or how people think or even how humans interact.
Thousands(probably millions) couldn't even accept Halford is gay so people do even care about what you do in your bed.
Humans need to be part of groups and to do that, they need to follow some rules/attitudes those groups follow so if you don't know that, it means you never read a good book about our species or you weren't living in this planet.
Maybe YOU don't care about it but that's not how our society behaves.
So about your question 'who gives a shit?' = Millions who copy their idols and live in a fantasy trying to be exactly like them.
That's why personality is a talent. ;)

Music as a product, needs an image, attitudes and stuff, all genres have their own images, clothes, hairs, attitudes etc, never saw a reaggae band wearing leather and skulls and a metal band dressed up like new kids on the block :nono:
Even not choosing an image is actually choosing an image ;)

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
Long hair pretty much defines contrived metal. If you're looking to stand out and have success you probably dont want to fit in to the standard do you?

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
My hair stays short but when I want to look metal, I wear USMC digital camo pants, some kind of black shirt (usually a band shirt), and my black fitted sevendust cap backwards. I want more than one kind of camo though.

violent mouth

Reaction score
My hair stays short but when I want to look metal, I wear USMC digital camo pants, some kind of black shirt (usually a band shirt), and my black fitted sevendust cap backwards. I want more than one kind of camo though.

ahh the metal uniform, camo shorts, adidas trainers and a black band t-shirt..
thats how i roll on stage..

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
Yeah maybe it's only in your 12 years old kids world where people know nothing about music industry or how people think or even how humans interact.
Thousands(probably millions) couldn't even accept Halford is gay so people do even care about what you do in your bed.
Humans need to be part of groups and to do that, they need to follow some rules/attitudes those groups follow so if you don't know that, it means you never read a good book about our species or you weren't living in this planet.
Maybe YOU don't care about it but that's not how our society behaves.
So about your question 'who gives a shit?' = Millions who copy their idols and live in a fantasy trying to be exactly like them.
That's why personality is a talent. ;)

I typed my post wrong. Sadly you are right, but I don't think thats how it should be. Maybe i'm crazy but i'm happy the way I live my life.

8Fingers

Banned
Reaction score
I typed my post wrong. Sadly you are right, but I don't think thats how it should be. Maybe i'm crazy but i'm happy the way I live my life.

I never said it's the way it should be, I said how it is.
The only way people buy music only because of music itself is no more tvs or watching bands playing live, no visual info, from now on only on the radio :nuts: :lol:

Cyntex

love & peace!
Reaction score
tumblr_l5rc0se7JB1qao5kno1_r2_500.jpg

TDEP is pretty metal as far as I;m concerned.
But i have to say in certain genre;s the image might be more important, like for instance a black metal band, most of them rely heavily on their image.

')