Haley Williams: Still a psychopath

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaredowty

Reaction score
There is a huge difference between writing something to show off musical chops and writing something that appeals to a really wide range of people both musically and lyrically.

Yeah, there's a difference. But which is more difficult? I believe that was the question.

Coming up with songs that "millions of people enjoy" is pure luck. There's thousands and thousands of people who write potential hits everyday, but will never see them break through for obvious reasons.

megano28

7 String Newbie
Reaction score
Things I've learned from this thread:
-Paramore iswas a Christian band
-There exists a pair of tits I must now quest for

I found it as well...I must say, that was the biggest "celebrity nudes" let down ever...:noplease:

DevourTheDamned

Fossicker
Reaction score
this is insane XD
back in the day i was a scene kid
[shut up :D]
and as you all know, it is mandatory to enjoy paramore if youre a scene kid.

so i did, i still do from time to time, plus hayley is sexy as hell.
i never knew she was knuckin futz tho.
i also never knew the other parts of the band were so religious o_O
eff.
that would have blew the band for me long ago hahaha

contrary to the majority opinion, i liked hayleys tits.
thats my 2 cents

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a difference. But which is more difficult? I believe that was the question.

Coming up with songs that "millions of people enjoy" is pure luck. There's thousands and thousands of people who write potential hits everyday, but will never see them break through for obvious reasons.

pure luck?

Max Martin production discography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

knowing how people will react to music is a skill. all you need to do is know what the majority of people like. sure, it's more of a business skill, but if you're getting into pop, it's less about the music and more about the gbusiness anyway.

writing music is not like playing the lottery, if your music is bad, there isn't a chance people will like it.

it's more difficult to write a song that will connect not because people are so different (they're actually quite the same)

its because good music thats simple is RIDICULOUSLY hard to write. if you could write a song with a very simple four chord progression that really captivates people and sells well, feel free to prove me wrong.

aslsmm

Banned
Reaction score
^^that was awesome. i dont think the lyrics from that paramore hit would fit in that progression though. i tried to dub it and it sounded like shitcycles. (a popcycle made of shit, yes they have a sound)^^

i dont think writting a top 10 hit song is pure luck, however, having a top 10 hit song is alot of luck and work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')