Hammer Of Thor Daemoness Build Progress

• Thread starter WishIwasfinnish
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I literally just sent Dylan a sketch I did (though I feel weird doing that because my drawing skills are so inferior to his :D) and I liked the Kraken grabbing the hammer idea a lot, but to keep the more scandinavian theme, I decided that I really wanted some swirly knot lines jetting out from the hammer. So basically, it will be the picture above, reversed so the head faces down, and with those knotty lines. Like so (except I'm sure his inlay will look 10x better than this crappy sketch of mine):

IMG_3650.jpg

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Interesting idea... Show us his sketch when he sends it to you, I'm sure it will look great!

Reaction score
Hey guys, so I literally just sent Dylan a sketch I did (though I feel weird doing that because my drawing skills are so inferior to his :D) and I liked the Kraken grabbing the hammer idea a lot, but to keep the more scandinavian theme, I decided that I really wanted some swirly knot lines jetting out from the hammer. So basically, it will be the picture above, reversed so the head faces down, and with those knotty lines. Like so (except I'm sure his inlay will look 10x better than this crappy sketch of mine):

Sweet, I can't wait to see the final product! I'm glad I could help you whore out more :D

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
That inlay is gonna be sweet!

Holy shit... are Dylan's spec sheets actually written in an old english font? :eek:

Does he do it by hand?

:bowdown:

Haha, awesome! Yeah I expect he does it by hand with a calligraphy pen.

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
His Old English calligraphy is fantastic! For a nerd like myself, that is just as epic as the inlay!

motomoto

Reaction score
god damn

it must take ages for him to write a sentence lol

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
I know, I was very impressed with the calligraphy as well, I think Dylan secretly wishes he lived in england in the year 1100 building lutes : D

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
You will want to do battle with this guitar. Be prepared.

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
DJENTLEMEN! Nolly just uploaded a ton of pics to facebook, and there are finally some of the SEXY finish! There's going to be a subtle blackburst on the edge, but check these out:

Screenshot2011-09-22at112420AM.png

Screenshot2011-09-22at112416AM.png

Screenshot2011-09-22at112414AM.png

Screenshot2011-09-22at112422AM.png

Screenshot2011-09-22at112428AM.png

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
Hmmm, not sure, I just got the standard daemoness one on mine, except its reversed so 3 on top and 4 on bottom

')