Hammer Of Thor Daemoness Build Progress

• Thread starter WishIwasfinnish
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
I think 4 on the bottom is actually the standard headstock. Most of us just opt for reverse :)

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
His Old English calligraphy is fantastic! For a nerd like myself, that is just as epic as the inlay!

Yea, you just know it's going to get more incorporated into some future guitar build - can't wait for that!

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
EVERYTHING about this is perfect! Can't wait to see more! That inlay will come out very nice I bet.

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
Alright, a few things to add here. First of all, the inlay design has pretty much been nailed down, I mentioned the idea of the scandinavian style knots coming out of the hammer to Dylan, and he thought that would distract too much from the hammer design, so I listened to his advice, and the hammer is just going to be there alone, though it will be upside down. Now onto some more pics, with the blackburst added and the neck attached:

IMG_3454.jpg

As you can see, Mishas guitar is right behind mine, and you can catch a glimpse of his epic lightbulb inlay (sorry to Misha if I'm revealing his hidden secrets)

IMG_3453.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Huge amounts of win.

When you say upside down - is that handle up or handle down?

Reaction score
Wow, really nice indeed.

The Hammer reminds me of this one:
main.php

Even so everything could't be more different :D
Really exited how the inlay will turn out.

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
Oh yeah that is similar, although I must say that I think dylan will make that inlay look like it was drawn in crayon :D and by upside down I mean that it's reversed from what Dylan drew first, with the handle up and the head down

daemonessaxes

Reaction score
I know, I was very impressed with the calligraphy as well, I think Dylan secretly wishes he lived in england in the year 1100 building lutes : D

Yes, I do. But my fantasies more centre about being a rampaging crusader pillaging the fleshpots of Araby.

WishIwasfinnish

Reaction score
Friends! The inlay is done!!!! I love it, it's not too flashy, but beautiful, and the fact that it is pretty simple makes it really stand out to me. Also it has some crazy materials in it, like iron, pearl and abalone, which is incredible. Enjoy!

IMG_3556.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

')