Hanging with Karl Sanders

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
That pointy star is flat-out amazing, and I don't normally go for pointy guitars. And the 2x4 headstock works great with it, I think.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I totally forgot to mention that Karl keeps a sheath on the end of the headstock to protect it (and him?) from damage when not onstage.

l_c293a095e95606bc459e205059eddd46.jpg

VforVendetta00

Reaction score
I totally forgot to mention that Karl keeps a sheath on the end of the headstock to protect it (and him?) from damage when not onstage.

hehe, thats awesome. I personally love my Warrior V, i don't play it that often cause i play sitting down alot and its a bit of a pain to carry to practice (damn case is huge!) but i really couldn't be happier with rob's workmanship, I'm debating whether to get another KXK or another Ergo... its a hard choice!

i also bet that guitar isn't hanging on that stand, i'm pretty sure it hits the ground, as i haven't found a stand for mine that will keep it off the ground.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cool pic. Looks like a killer time too. :hbang:

:eek: That guitar is insane. :agreed:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What's the tuning on that top-neck (the 11 string) on the double neck?

Also... maybe we need a full-on interview with Karl sometime...? Is it possible?

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score

:lol: Karl is an oddball...That makes that guitar 10 times more hillarious and :metal:.

Where did you get that pic from? Myspace?

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
come on please noodles

There really isn't much to tell. I ordered my first guitar, which I paid full price for, based upon the advice of others. After it came in, Rob offered me an endorsement and we discussed the specifics. Jackson offered me one at the same time, but frankly, Rob's offer was much more lucrative. Especially considering how open to new ideas he is. Case in point, the Sii-7 design came from all the suggestions I compiled from threads here.

I don't talk up KxK because I'm an endorser. I talk it up because Rob is a great guy to deal with, and I am a genuine fan of his work, which is why I am an endorser. ;)

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
but they were just like, hey dave we'll give free/discount guitars. ??

is it cuz youll get them public appearance or are they just like, this is quality music lets give this mofo a break with some kickass stuff? or did you have a personal relationship with rob?

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, what happened is exactly what I said. It was completely painless, there was practically no discussion about it. He offered and I accepted.

Of course, I really can't discuss the particulars of price.

B Lopez

Vescere bracis meis.
Reaction score
Those pics make me wonder if I want a new surfboard that bad. That Warrior V looks like its more than 4 feet long :lol: I want a Sii-7 :(

btw-
:metal:

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
Dude, what happened is exactly what I said. It was completely painless, there was practically no discussion about it. He offered and I accepted.

Of course, I really can't discuss the particulars of price.

haha damn, i guess im just flabbergasted at the ease of it all. im assuming its just his way, but damn thats badass.

')