Hans Zimmer compilation cover [Metal]

• Thread starter Deaderzombie
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

Hey guys, I made this cover a little while back and I'd like to get some feedback!
Its a compilation of some Hans Zimmer pieces so lemme know what you think!
Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MDP333

Reaction score
Piano's sound nice and wide.

On this track, during the more calm parts I think I would try and push the drums back into the background with verb, giving them more of a "room" sound. You could certainly give your guitars over these parts a bit more ambience as well.

The snare kinda sounds weak with a bunch of 1.6-2khz. Maybe turn that area down a bit, and boost the resonant frequency (around 150hz) into a gentle compressor. Some people use an incredibly fast attack on their compressor to take away the attack, which when applying the eq before the compressor will compress your boost at the resonant frequency, which may fatten the snare a bit. Slowing the attack to 20ms or so can give you a lot of punch, but in this context, I may opt for the fast attack.

Other than that, keep up the good work!

4Eyes

Reaction score
this reminds me that I worked on drink up me hearties cover, metal version of course, and didn't fully finished it, yet. I should take a look on it again.

great job anyway. :)

')