Happy Birthday Dime!!!!

• Thread starter beerandbeards
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalheadMC

Reaction score
Definitely floods for me too. That has to be one of my all time favorites. Never got to see him live, but watching them play floods on YouTube (when Phil had long hair) still gives me chills

dimebagfan01

Crunch Berry
Reaction score
I don't have a favorite solo (it's like picking a favorite child), but the beatdown riff at the end of 25 Years is easily my favorite Dime riff. So simple, yet so effective. Perfectly showcases why Dime is the riff god (at least to me). RIP and happy birthday to pink beard in the sky! :hbang:

Axayacatl

Reaction score
I don't have a favorite solo (it's like picking a favorite child), but the beatdown riff at the end of 25 Years is easily my favorite Dime riff. So simple, yet so effective. Perfectly showcases why Dime is the riff god (at least to me). RIP and happy birthday to pink beard in the sky! :hbang:

Dude... WTF!! This would have been my exact answer pretty much! That's nuts! (just saying cuz there are tons of moments to pick).

If you're a chick, PM me naow cuz we need to get married ASAP. If you're a dude, please coordinate with Mr. Cosby cuz I will definitely need to be knocked out for anything that happens.

Stupid jokes aside, I also cannot pick a solo. It would depend on my mood. Do I want unabashed happy ridiculous upbeat shredding from the Cowboys album or do I want southern fried licks with bends that make you choke on your tears (ala Floods or 10s)?

But I could definitely pick the end of 25 Years and the beginning of Shedding Skin. One thing I obsess about for the ending of 25 Years is the little melody that Vinnie Paul has going on the ride. On top of the pounding drums and heavy riff there is playful salsa thing going on that I can never get enough of.

I never miss a chance to say that I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Dime! I was standing next to him and he was making fun of my shell shock empty expression because I couldn't believe the moment. He had this warmth and easy going attitude about him that hit pulled me in instantly.

Dime, we ....ing miss you!!

FuKK .. now I to go 'untune' my floyd to some annoying in-between tuning just so I can jam along to his songs. :mad::lol:

theFraz

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Dime.
Not so huge fan of Dime's solos, but the one in Floods is a masterpiece.
I miss him and it makes me angry that he was killed on the day of my birthday

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Though it's not my favorite Pantera song, I've always loved the solo in "Mouth For War", lots of cool phrasing and little melodies in there.

Dime's got too many spots that I love to pick a favorite.

Thankfully I got to see Pantera twice on their last tour. I REALLY wish I could have caught them on any previous tour to that one, though. Phil barely spoke onstage and while the shows were incredible, it didn't feel like it did watching the home videos when they seemed like a band of brothers who were just on fire.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Dime's got too many great solos to pick just one, but the one I'll pick is 10s. Chills.

Rizzo

Reaction score
Floods and 10s, so emotional.
Riff-wise, I think the golden stuff is mainly in FBD. But hey, has Dime ever wrote a bad riff? :D

Latest posts

')