Happy new guitarS day.

• Thread starter yellowv
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Well both of the guitars I have been waiting for arrived today. :) Most importantly my Loomis Schecter and the Floyd Rose discovery I bout as a neat toy b/c musicians friend is blowing them out. For $150 it's a pretty nice friggin guitar although it shipped with the action all out of whack and will need a setup the quality and feel is awesome for the money.

Now for what we all really care about..... The Loomis......
Well, IT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!! Attention to detail on the guitar is simply great. I actually returned an ESP LTD Alexi Laiho-600 to get this guitar and let me tell you the quality of everything on the Schecter is much better than the LTD which cost $150 more. It is simply a gorgeous guitar. Nary a blemish I can find and I am one hell of a nitpicker.

Now for the sort of bad part...... I plug it in and it doesn't make a damn sound. Check the amp and everything is fine, so I mess with the jack and it comes on and off. Try a different cord and same deal. The jack obviously has a bad connection. So I take the back cover and everything is soldered fine (actually a very nice wiring job). Then I pull out the jack itself and everything looks fine, so I just bend the prongs in a bit and throw her back together. Plug it in and bingo, works fine. No big deal but I would think it would have been caught while in inspection.

How does it play????
Like butter. I have already fallen in love with the neck. It is wide, but thin and fast and the maple fretboard is great. The pickups are awesome. They scream distorted and sound great clean as well. On top of it all the guitar is light as a feather and could not be more comfortable to play. There is just a hint of fret buzz but nothing bad. It might just need a string change. I think Schecters shop may be slipping a tad bit in the QC area as the setup isn't perfect and the jack issue. Also the warranty card was not filled out and signed by the tech as they usually do, but for the price this guitar has no equal IMO.

I previously owned a 7620 that I loved and this guitar IMO betters it in every way. I am very happy for now and will update this thread as I get more impressions.

Oh, did you want pics? ;)
015.jpg

014.jpg

012.jpg

002.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
is that an OFR on the FR guitars? I was considering buying one just to strip the floyd out of it (its like 10 dollars more than one)

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
It's a Floyd Rose speed loader. If you notice the guitar has no tuning pegs. It's pretty neat but the action needs to be set up bad.

eelblack2

Fewel
Contributor
Reaction score
Right on :yesway: Ive been digging my Loomis a lot lately as well. Great guitar for the money.

Zer0

That Guy
Reaction score
Fuckin' Cool man! That Loomis is awsome, great buy! That ones on my to buy list.

FortePenance

Reaction score
Cool, nice scores man! The back of the Loomis looks fuckin sick but personally I don't dig the maple board. But hey that's just a retarded chinese kid's opinion.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I love maple boards. Maple and Ebony FTW IMO. If i built this thing myself there isn't much I would have done different. Only thing I wish was that it was neck-thru but I can definately live with the set neck.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Nice guitars dude. Good luck finding strings for the FR guitars.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I already bought a few extra sets for the sppedloader. I got em straight from Floyd Rose and they were like $10 a set but it's no big deal.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
oh man that loomis looks so nice.

i wish they'd make a left handed hardtail version D:

oh well, i can dream can't i

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, but you cant get them at most local guitar stores. And when you can, like the links you posted, they're 10$+ per pack.

True. I guess that's the trade off for the ease of use regarding the speedloader.

')