Happy NGD to Me! - Jackson Content inside

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
So after a long wait I finally got the guitar I have been eyeing for so long!

It is a Jackson Mick Thomson soloist in Black! Loving it so far. Sounds great feels great, and looks great.

Let me know if you have any questions about this wonderful guitar.

20180612_204038.jpg
20180612_204050.jpg
20180612_204054.jpg
20180612_204103.jpg
20180612_204143.jpg
20180612_204146.jpg
20180612_204118.jpg
20180612_204121.jpg
20180612_204125.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
nice and sleek! any flaws you have noticed so far?

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
Well that's sure a real nice guitar and good choice of colour...BLACK! Is the fret board ebony or richlite? And where was it made...not that it makes any major difference, just curious.;)

;>)/

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
nice and sleek! any flaws you have noticed so far?

Yes a few.

- Some black spray creeped in the binding in some areas.

- Overflow of white stuff (possibly binding) is seen around some of the frets

- One of the dots on the 12th fret has a droopy thing on it

- A slight indentation on the binding at the 20th fret. It is a dot, that can really only be noticed with light on it or feeling it.

- Other slight binding inconsistencies

Other than that no issues whatsoever.

- Truss Rod Routing is spot on

- Ebony is tight grain and dark all around (A few light spots, but eh I could care less. Plus I haven't oiled the fretboard so maybe it will go away?)

- The finish is flawless and looks beautiful!

- Pickups sound mean and aggressive

- Neck isn't too thin. Instead it is flatter and wider than the other Jackson necks.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Good stuff!

Looks like you avoided any major construction niggles. Hope it plays great!

yeah for the most part. No tears in the binding or anything major. Some inconsistencies which tick me off a little, but not to the extent of returning the instrument.

I think Jackson needs to improve the QC a little bit to be honest.

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Well that's sure a real nice guitar and good choice of colour...BLACK! Is the fret board ebony or richlite? And where was it made...not that it makes any major difference, just curious.;)

;>)/

Yes Black is my favorite. Even though I like metal and all, shockingly this is my first black guitar. All my other guitars are red, grey, or white so this is new for me. I like the simplicity of it with the whitish-ivoroid binding. The black is a beautiful piano black and the reversed headstock looks aggressive af

The board is ebony. Made in indonesia

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
Yes Black is my favorite. Even though I like metal and all, shockingly this is my first black guitar. All my other guitars are red, grey, or white so this is new for me. I like the simplicity of it with the whitish-ivoroid binding. The black is a beautiful piano black and the reversed headstock looks aggressive af

The board is ebony. Made in indonesia

That's pretty cool having an ebony FB which are usually on the U.S.A. models. I have a black Jackson King V guitar with a neck-thru-body and I assume it's made in India. It has a rosewood fret board that maybe one day I'd like to apply ebony wood stain to it for more of an ebony wood look. I bet your FB has the compound radius I assume. I find it great for shredding and makes guitar playing a bit more easier.

;>)/

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
yeah for the most part. No tears in the binding or anything major. Some inconsistencies which tick me off a little, but not to the extent of returning the instrument.

I think Jackson needs to improve the QC a little bit to be honest.
Par for the course with the Indo pro series models these days (MIM Dinkies seem to be better in general), and most things made at the Cort/Samick factories. Jackson themselves have very little to do with QC since they contract out to the same factories everyone else does, too :lol:

I think you got a pretty good one here. Binding overspray on a guitar of this level is a non-issue. Enjoy it and keep shredding!

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
That's pretty cool having an ebony FB which are usually on the U.S.A. models. I have a black Jackson King V guitar with a neck-thru-body and I assume it's made in India. It has a rosewood fret board that maybe one day I'd like to apply ebony wood stain to it for more of an ebony wood look. I bet your FB has the compound radius I assume. I find it great for shredding and makes guitar playing a bit more easier.

;>)/

Yes it has the compound radius. I am pretty sure that is a standard for any Jackson guitar. It does make it easier to shred along with the 24 frets instead of 21 like on my strat

JustinRhoads1980

Jackson Elitist
Reaction score
Par for the course with the Indo pro series models these days (MIM Dinkies seem to be better in general), and most things made at the Cort/Samick factories. Jackson themselves have very little to do with QC since they contract out to the same factories everyone else does, too :lol:

I think you got a pretty good one here. Binding overspray on a guitar of this level is a non-issue. Enjoy it and keep shredding!

Ye I would say I got a good one compared to some of the others people have posted about.

I will keep shredding this motherfucker. I was just changing tunings with it and C# standard is sooooo brutal with this guitar. Of course when I get 10-52s I am gonna have it in Eb standard since this is my "slayer guitar"

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Ugggggh, I want a white one so baaaaaad. I don’t even remotely need it. Not even a little bit.

Congrats! Looks so mean.

Latest posts

')