Hardcore, anyone?

• Thread starter skinhead
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I grew up listening to "Harcore." Not as big of a fan of hardcore, though, but Harcore is awesome. They really take the Har of Core and pump it up.

Not a fan of many of the bands you listen to though...

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Naren i spelled wrong, i corrected the tittle. I didn't listened to that, i'm talking about HardCore.

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
I like going to the shows but their is only a few hardcore bands I can listen to on a regular basis.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I like going to the shows but their is only a few hardcore bands I can listen to on a regular basis.

I like hardcore, but I prefer post-hardcore bands like At The Drive-In and The Icarus Line. They interest me more. Or bands that are a mixture of hardcore and other styles like old-school AFI (mainly their stuff from the late-90s).

Ripptyde

Reaction score
I listen to tons of hardcore, mainly Bay Area hardcore and such.

Some bands to check out:

Alcatraz
Born From Pain
Caliban
Dead To Fall
Embrace The End
Hoods
Legacy Of Pain
Murder Practice
On A Warpath
Steady Mobbin'
Suffokate
Ramallah

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
can't say i'm into it, only band i like is hatebreed. They're not too over the top hardcore though, either way i like them lol :hbang:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Hardcore shows are amazing! Unique moshpits and i like to dance that shit, yeah, flying arms and flying kicks :D

I like hardcore, but I prefer post-hardcore bands like At The Drive-In and The Icarus Line. They interest me more. Or bands that are a mixture of hardcore and other styles like old-school AFI (mainly their stuff from the late-90s).
At the drive in it's very good, old AFI it's amazing, Girls not grey was an amazing hit.

can't say i'm into it, only band i like is hatebreed. They're not too over the top hardcore though, either way i like them lol :hbang:
Hatebreed rocks, Aaron.

Michael

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I used to listen to a bit of hardcore, I don't really anymore. I only listened to the old (good) bands though, none of the new shit that's around these days. :noway:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
old AFI it's amazing, Girls not grey was an amazing hit.

:squint: That's NEW AFI when they went completely pop rock and threw out all their heaviness. I hope you meant "Old AFI, like their stuff from 1996 to 1999 is amazing, but stuff like Girl's Not Grey from 2003 and after kinda sucks." :squint:

Lozek

Desk Magnetic
Contributor
Reaction score
I like a bit of Hardcore every now and then, main ones being:

Strife
Sick of it All (You HAVE to see these guys live, amazing)
Earth Crisis
Downset
Madball
Life of Agony (were they ever REALLY Hardcore? Dunno, great band though)

:metal:

But I HATE Hatebreed with a passion, they are like a 'My-first-paint-by-numbers' hardcore band. Major yawnfest :noway:

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I dig Hatebreed, good riffy, pissy stuff. :metal:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
AFI's The Art of Drowning album is pretty alright. :yesway:

I consider that their last good album, but it has a few sub par songs on it (as well as some amazing songs). "Sing The Sorrow" was overall mediocre. That's the last of their albums I own. "Shut Your Mouth And Open Your Eyes" and "Black Sails In The Sunset" are both masterpieces with not one song that isn't amazing ("Black Sails In The Sunset" being one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time). I also have "All Hallows EP," "A Fire Inside EP," and their first 2 albums ("Answer That And Stay Fashionable" and "Very Proud Of Ya," which were an old school hardcore style that I still think is pretty cool, but very very different from any of their other stuff).

stuz719

Stoic. With a small "s".
Reaction score
Cro-Mags "Age of Quarrel".

'Nuff said.

:yesway:

Jarrett

Metal Wolf
Contributor
Reaction score
Hatebreed
Sick of it all
Terror
Throwdown

Love hardcore

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hatebreed owns hardcore!

Another band worthy of mention is Bury Your Dead. Simple, straight forward, and straight up 'core :yesway:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
:squint: That's NEW AFI when they went completely pop rock and threw out all their heaviness. I hope you meant "Old AFI, like their stuff from 1996 to 1999 is amazing, but stuff like Girl's Not Grey from 2003 and after kinda sucks." :squint:

Yeah, i had to put a dot there. I remember some old stuff of AFI, but i only remember girls not grey :wallbash:

BTW Slapshot it's amazing too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB5XvpaMVsY
Ryker's was a great band too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD9BAZbKODw
D.A.J (diferentes actitudes juveniles, different teenagers attitudes) Buenos Aires Hardcore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIebePVx-DA

D.A.J 2004 rig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oQ8Lgb2iN8

Hellbound

€£¥€£¥€£¥€£•
Reaction score
I am sure anyone who likes Hatebreed will definately like Bury Your Dead. I think both bands are ok I just hate how all their songs sound identical gets kinda boring after a while.

')