Hardcore Dancing

• Thread starter BoredomKills
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pooluke41

H. Maddas
Reaction score
/my story
I was on the Extremefest, Carnifex (a deathcore band) was on the stage. I was hardcore dancing with some other deathcore fans, we didn't hurt anybody, we just had fun. Then some fucked thrash metal heads just started to kick us, for no fucking reason.

You probably hit one of the "fucked thrash metal heads" while you were fighting invisible ninjas. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I don't care, how is moshing different to hxc dancing? I see no difference, except the point of hardcore dancing isn't to contact with people, it just happens.

Sure it looks funny, but so does a bunch of grown men running into each other in a circle after being told to by cookie monster.

i see your point, but honestly the chances of someone getting seriously hurt is significantly higher during hardcore dancing, because hxc dancers only care about themselves and how hxc they look, where as a mosh pit is like a family and if anyone falls you pick em back up and make sure theyre ok. people in mosh pits just tend to be more careful.

TankJon666

Reaction score
I enjoy most types of metal ranging from Doom metal to thrash to generic deathcore and metalcore.

Now I enjoy traditional moshing but hate the fact that when I want to go to see one of my favorite Metalcore or Deathcore bands all you see is hardcore dancing pits, I just prefer traditional moshing (and no im not talking about ring around the rosie i.e. circle pits :squint:) just traditional moshing, It's fun when done right and its just a more enjoyable experience than swinging your limbs and kicking at the air in my opinion..

Thoughts?

Don't even get me started on those hardcore dancing morons. Fucking spastic cunting idiots.

I had a guy pretty much spin kick my other half off her feet at a Hatebreed show with no apology or anything ...suffice to say he didn't do much spin kicking after that ...actually he didn't do much at all for that matter. Oh and we were off the side of the stage pretty much against the wall before anyone says "well you shoulda got out of the way".

TankJon666

Reaction score
Just remembered something funny!

A few years back I saw Cannibal Corpse at a venue near me and there was some dick heads harcore dancing at the front and between songs George was like "what the fuck are you doing? This is a fucking death metal show". Quality!

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
don't go near the pit if you don't want to become involved. simple as that.
Except it's not as simple as that.
When i saw Animals as Leaders in a small venue i found it hard to enjoy the show because the whole crowd was getting pushed about by a small minority of morons.

The Uncreator

Control The Sun
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Dude, I go to shows AND play shows. Don't talk down to me about what one is like.

Also:

You're probably referring to people who crowd kill. In which case, stop shoveling everyone into that category.

I don't know about anyone else, but if I accidentally hit someone in the pit, then I always go and apologize to them afterwards. Most will even tell me that it is the pit and that there are no hard feelings. So basically, if you get in the pit, get hurt, and try to fight someone, then you're a crybaby faggot. However, if you get right by the pit and tell me to stop when I pass you, then I'm going to ignore your ass. Solution: Move around until you find yourself at a safe distance.

I am not referring to people who crowd kill, moshers who just push and shove generally never hurt anyone terribly bad. Hardcore dancing, I've seen people end up with broken noses, and get knocked out because they don't pay attention and get too close to the sides, just pummeling someone. I don't care if you meant it or not, you swing your fists around like a epileptic at a strobe light convention theres a good chance your just going to hurt someone, so be MINDFUL.

I will sooner hit someone in the face and knock them out, before I give up the perfect spot I got right in front of my favorite band member, the spot I waited HOURS to be sure I got. Hell if I am gonna move so they can just hit someone else, you hardcore dance, stay the fuck away from the crowd. Simple as that.

Blasphemer

Bird Law expert
Reaction score
Living in a state where hardcore is the primary music in the scene, I hate going to shows, because everybody dances like this:
AC2SQ.gif

It's funny when a metal show is going on and people are doing that, though. Everybody stares at the kids dancing with this look on their face that just screams "We don't do that here!"

It's kind of like the no face meme
e39.png

xhellchosemex

Reaction score
You probably hit one of the "fucked thrash metal heads" while you were fighting invisible ninjas. :lol:
No I didn't. This was a deathcore show, and those idiots CLEARLY came there to beat up some kids having fun. Because we aren't trv of course.

broj15

Reaction score
I'm all for hardcore dancing but I hate what it's become. Now it's just some contest to see who is the most "hardcore" or the most "brootal".

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I'll come out and say it; hardcore dancing has to be the STUPIDEST fucking thing I've ever seen. They ever try making names for the moves with shit like the wheelbarrow and the crabwalk. As if it legitimized them being fucktards that give no fucks about the people around them. :lol:

I don't even mosh anymore. It's fucking pointless. I didn't pay money out of my pocket to lose a fucking tooth or have my nose broken. Trust and believe if an asshole does this and punches me in the face, he will have unleashed the fucking kraken because I will likely hospitalize his ass. I'm sick of inconsiderate assholes that start shit and then when called on it say "oh well I have a right to have fun too." My understanding is that if you start swinging your fists in my directing, I'm gonna start swinging mine right back at you. And guess what? You'd be at fault because that is technically considered assault and my fighting back can be considered self-defense.

Now the respectful people that take that shit to the back and leave people the fuck alone: thank you. I try not to tell people how they should enjoy a show and if you make the time and effort to stay as far away from people while you have your epileptic seizure, then I have no beef with you. But 98% of the assholes I've seen do this give |0| fucks about where they do it at and try blaming the other people in my way. Reminds me of this:
Bart-Lisa-Fighting.gif

The same concept of "well I'm punching the air and if you just HAPPEN to walk into it, then you deserved it."
Fuck that, if you punch someone like that you better expect to either immediately apologize or have your ass handed to you. :2c:

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I'm all for hardcore dancing but I hate what it's become. Now it's just some contest to see who is the most "hardcore" or the most "brootal".

I still jump around at shows like crazy, if I'm feeling it, and jump into people if they are up for a similar kinda deal. If they're not, leave em alone!! And this whole thing I'm seeing where people are spinkicking and punching? Never seen anything like it that is ridiculous, what kind of ballbag would do something like this? You're gonna hurt someone who didn't even wanna be part of it. I've had lots of bruises and aches from gigs, but I was asking for it, so that's fine!

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
i see your point, but honestly the chances of someone getting seriously hurt is significantly higher during hardcore dancing, because hxc dancers only care about themselves and how hxc they look, where as a mosh pit is like a family and if anyone falls you pick em back up and make sure theyre ok. people in mosh pits just tend to be more careful.

Oh, hey. How is your band, Generalizations, doing?

Ageispolis

Reaction score
Hardcore in general eludes me. I don't see the appeal of bands like Underoath or The Devil Wears Prada (some cool riffing tho) or A Day To Remember. I don't see the appeal of hardcore dancing either. The one show I've been to there was no hardcore dancing or moshing because the venue was pretty small. (Heritage Hunter tour in Winnipeg, awesome first show)

Though I think, thanks to this thread, I'm going to avoid the hardcore dancing pits when I go to a show with a larger floor area. It sounds like a pain in the ass, honestly.

postalrecon

Reaction score
Hardcore in general eludes me. I don't see the appeal of bands like Underoath or The Devil Wears Prada (some cool riffing tho) or A Day To Remember. I don't see the appeal of hardcore dancing either. The one show I've been to there was no hardcore dancing or moshing because the venue was pretty small. (Heritage Hunter tour in Winnipeg, awesome first show)

Though I think, thanks to this thread, I'm going to avoid the hardcore dancing pits when I go to a show with a larger floor area. It sounds like a pain in the ass, honestly.

None of the above bands you mentioned above are hardcore bands

spawnofthesith

Reaction score
Yeah it always distresses me to see metalcore and deathcore bands referred to as hardcore :lol: (note that I have nothing against either of the two aforementioned genres)

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
^ Hardcore is alien to me too - all I can say is I would consider those bands part of hardcore and their fans to be hardcore kids who like to hardcore dance. I also had a feeling however, that this is not the true front of hardcore and true hardcore fans hate that scene, and most likely the dancing too.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
This thread has gone way downhill, and even more so than I thought it would.

')