Hardcore Dancing

• Thread starter BoredomKills
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
I don't really care. People can do what they want. Everyone's there because they enjoy the music, and everyone's got a different way of expressing that. Whether you're hardcore dancing, moshing or standing at the back with your arms crossed, looking completely unimpressed. One thing I could tell you for sure though, is that when I'm the one up on stage, I love seeing people as into it as I am. Playing heavy, energetic music is a cathartic release for me, and I love seeing others experience the same thing through my performance.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Pits have changed. They used to be safer. People looked out for each other, and it was just aggressive dancing, not trying to be violent or show off. Nowadays pits consists of a handful of testosterone-hyped idiots who care more about looking tough and 'cool' and hurting people by 'accident' than about the music. If people are pushing up to the sides of the venue because they don't want to get hit, then you're creating a far more threatening atmosphere than is needed. Besides, it looks fucking stupid, like a blind man trying to fight off bees on a slippery floor.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
I just dont get the whole hardcore scene. Sorry. :(

My old band used to play with lots of hardcore bands. Every show consisted of people/bands with stretch earings, flat brim baseball caps (with no actual teams on them) while trying to punch and kick the shit out of... well.. nothing. :scratch:

Most of the shows were shit because of the 3-4 people "dancing" at the front made the other 80-100 stay at the back, out of harms way.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I was just thinking of how tame all of this is compared to something like a Memphis rap show back in the day. People get punched, shoved, and everything in between during those. Pretty intense.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I just dont get the whole hardcore scene. Sorry. :(

My old band used to play with lots of hardcore bands. Every show consisted of people/bands with stretch earings, flat brim baseball caps (with no actual teams on them) while trying to punch and kick the shit out of... well.. nothing. :scratch:

Most of the shows were shit because of the 3-4 people "dancing" at the front made the other 80-100 stay at the back, out of harms way.

I've had similar experiences. Most of the shows I've done had people being cool and just moshing, but we played one show where a few dudes decided to do their weird ass tai chi shit and as a result of 3-4 people being idiots about it, the other 40 or so people just went and sat down or outside to smoke. It's inconsiderate as hell. :noway:

DaethedralXiphos7FX

Reaction score
I absolutely fucking hate hardcore dancing, but I would take them dancing if not for the fucking karate! Fuck that bullshit! Last show I went to, guy faced away from the stage and just flung his foot backwards try to "kick-back" just hitting me in the arm. I know it's their idea of "moshing" but fucking come on dude, seriously, go to a fucking dojo!

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
I kick backwards all the fucking time. I'm just not a dumbass because I use my peripheral vision to check the area for people.

davisjom

Reaction score
I was at a Jeff Loomis and Chimp Spanner show. A few of my friends were push moshing and i got pushed into a hardcore dancer. I tried to apologize and before i knew it, i got donkey kicked in the shins. I heal pretty quick, but had that bruise and pain for over a week. Same show a kid tried targeting my friends brother, when we told him to back off 3 people came up to us saying they would kick our asses. That's 2 of MANY reasons why i hate dancers

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but no matter what kind of reasoning you attempt to use, I'm not going to accept the notion that because I like a certain genre of music that I'm obliged to put up with being hit and kicked around while I'm trying to listen to and watch a show that I paid for.

Pits are pits, and they have a designated purpose. Please keep your pushing and distractions in that predesignated area- let the rest of us enjoy the show in peace.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
At least Asians look "right" doing it in a very stereotypical way. :lol:

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
Other than a handful of posters, this thread seems like an old folks home, everyone griping about how things should be.

If these are the worst things that happen at a show, life's pretty alright.

Levi79

Reaction score
Noooo it's an actual thing haha. Like I said, Hardcore is pretty huge out here so everyone and their grandmother listens to Terror on a regular.
The main difference I see is that hate mosh is kind of the more violent/kill each other kind of mosh where hardcore dancing everyone seems to respect everyone else's space.

Yeah I agree with this guy. Some people can hardcore dance without being complete cocks about it, but unfortunately that's not often the case. Slumlord is a band in the city where I often go to shows (Edmonton) and I don't know what that whole "SJOC" shit is, but I know if I see any of those dudes at a show that the pits are just going to be awful. It's cool to hardcore dance if you want, but purposely inflicting pain and injury on everyone around you just isn't cool.
I really like the energy and idea of hardcore, but if you're going to pit, do it at least a little respectfully.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but no matter what kind of reasoning you attempt to use, I'm not going to accept the notion that because I like a certain genre of music that I'm obliged to put up with being hit and kicked around while I'm trying to listen to and watch a show that I paid for.

Pits are pits, and they have a designated purpose. Please keep your pushing and distractions in that predesignated area- let the rest of us enjoy the show in peace.

This. So much this.:yesway:

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score

That's what the pit is, and what it functions as. So...what's your point?

Reaction score
when i saw the acacia strain at the house of blues i saw both types of pits going on at the same time without bumping into each other or other people who were interested in just watching the show, and the same thing applies to the other bands that played that night, it seemed like the bands put on a better show cause they saw we were into it but we werent assholes about it.

imo if youve seen enough concerts in your area with varying types of bands then you should be able to gauge what type of crowd is going to be there and what type of pit is going to break out.

')