Harley Benton 8 String Jazzmaster - Andrew Baena Sig

• Thread starter lattjeful
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
It baffles me how shockingly little the dude knows about gear to be making a living doing gear reviews.
I thought he mostly got popular for doing dumb shit like making metal versions of little kid songs and "___ song but in drop z"

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Guy’s band is pretty meh, his “reviews” are as safe as they come.

Edit: based on his collection, I wouldn’t have ever guessed he’d go for a sea foam green offset on a roasted maple neck as his sig

HB probably got a blowout deal on seafoam green paint and told him the color is gonna be what the color is gonna be.

I'm only half joking.

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
It baffles me how shockingly little the dude knows about gear to be making a living doing gear reviews.
Thank goodness someone else said it.

I wouldn’t even call his content “reviews” in the proper sense. More like broad “spec rundowns” with covers of pre-existing songs from other artists along with mindless chugging ripped right from Ola Englund.

I thought he mostly got popular for doing dumb shit like making metal versions of little kid songs and "___ song but in drop z"
Imagine “being the Drop Z dude” as being your online branding or image…

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

To be fair, his target demographic's primary concern is whether: (1) this make the good chug or (2) this no make the good chug.

Wish he had a simple review system: CHUG or NO-CHUG (but Ola already does that).

John

New album out now: https://goo.gl/PdPVYh
Reaction score
Looks like a jaguar to me
Well if you had eyes, this is what a jaguar looks like:
Standing_jaguar.jpg

Emperor Guillotine

The Almighty Ruler
Reaction score
To be fair, his target demographic's primary concern is whether: (1) this make the good chug or (2) this no make the good chug.

Wish he had a simple review system: CHUG or NO-CHUG (but Ola already does that).
They both should just shorten their videos to being nothing more than 10-15 second video shorts with zero talking and simply either a thumbs-up (CHUG) or a thumbs-down (NO-CHUG) at the end.

That's it.

It doesn't need to be anything more than just that.

gh0styboi

Everybody Poops
Reaction score
Disagree. I enjoy watching Ola honestly as much for his personality and person as I do for the gear shit. If I want to watch someone demonstrate dizzying technique or blandly read off the specs for a guitar or amp, I don't need YouTube for that. I can listen to Tosin or look at Sweetwater's product descriptions :lol:

')