Harley Benton 8 String Jazzmaster - Andrew Baena Sig

• Thread starter lattjeful
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Monster With .

Death row; water buffalo
Reaction score
I like the body shape, but I like offsets. That headstock is pretty gross, though. HB seems to struggle with headstocks in general, imo.

And I could see filing down the neck heel on a guitar this inexpensive (probably), but it's odd to me that at this point they still make those big bulky heels. I can't imagine it's too much of a difference to have the CNC cut that down at the factory.
I would hope that maybe the neck heel isn't as bad as it looks once your playing it, but I have my doubts.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ray-T

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
From my limited experience they were level but not polished.
Actually that was one of the main reasons I realized Youtube "reviews" aren't worth a cent when I found that all Harley Bentons I tried have unpolished frets and no one mentions that.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
A quarter century ago they made the Squier Stratocaster VII.
Haha damn I knew it was a while back but I wouldn't have guessed it was that long ago.
Wonder why they didn't try again when 7s had their surge in popularity.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
I think the 7&8 string market would show some interest that... I haven't been too interested in most things Fender for a while, but I'd definitely try one.
I don't know... honestly I live in my own bubble and I have no idea what the guitar public wants. To me it seems like Squier is really aimed at beginners buying their first guitar, and affordable 8 strings are mostly aimed at the ultra modern metal crowd, with flashy finishes and Fishman pickups or EMGs.
But the idea of a twangy 8 string that doesn't cost 4k sounds really fun 😆

')