Harley Benton Amaroks! - New Chapman esque range!

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackSG91

Loves Black Guitars & Meng Mengs
Reaction score
Just watched the video back. Im mistaken bro. The proto baritone Agufish has is 27 inch NOT 28inch

Im disappointed as I want a 28inch.
Hagstrom back on? haha

skip to 11:03

At 8:23 of the video he says nice ebony fret board. It don't look ebony to me.:scratch:

;>)/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
I'm suprised we aren't seeing more synthetic fretboards on cheap guitars, my harley benton bass has an ebonol fretboard and it feels fantastic.
it's purely about cost. actual wood is still cheaper in bulk than the synthetics or wood/paper resin infused options.Personally I would love if more companies used richlite/ebonol/paperstone, etc
ime they resist temp and humidity changes far better than wood, plus they look uniform.

lewis

Reaction score
it's purely about cost. actual wood is still cheaper in bulk than the synthetics or wood/paper resin infused options.Personally I would love if more companies used richlite/ebonol/paperstone, etc
ime they resist temp and humidity changes far better than wood, plus they look uniform.
same boat as me. I hate wood as fretboards because i dont want too see grain. I want uniform black if i dont have maple)

I play music

Reaction score
same boat as me. I hate wood as fretboards because i dont want too see grain. I want uniform black if i dont have maple)
I could like it together with a solid color. However, the flame maple veneer together with a burst finish AND a figured fingerboard is a bit much going on visually I think.

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
This will be interesting to see if the "pro" tag really raise the bar of fit and finish (after all the deluxe tag didn't really mean you would'nt get finish flaws or bad routing (not there they aren't great guitars for the £/$))

Also arent the bodies on this just a direct copy of the cort X series?

74796_Cort_Guitars_Cort_X300_BLB_El.Gitar_Blue_Bur_1.jpg
I wish they made this one with centered dots and reversed headstock. Am I the only one that sees Cort as a missed opportunities business-wise? Or they are just focused on low to mid tier guitars?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wish they made this one with centered dots and reversed headstock. Am I the only one that sees Cort as a missed opportunities business-wise? Or they are just focused on low to mid tier guitars?

Cort makes far more money building everyone else's guitars.

That's why their own offerings are available predominantly in developing markets where they can undercut the brands they do OEM work for.

Wolfhorsky

Regular idiot
Reaction score
Cort makes far more money building everyone else's guitars.

That's why their own offerings are available predominantly in developing markets where they can undercut the brands they do OEM work for.
I know that strategy, but is it better for them to keep low as themselves?

manu80

Reaction score
Right didnt think about it.
Also spot their limited dc junior series
The mahogany one is gorgeous but the pelham blue one.....is ordered !lol

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
€550 for a 27" 6 string with good specs is a killer deal. I was thinking of ordering a 28" custom 6 in the future but this might be a nice alternative to see if I get along with a long scale 6.

shiyu

Reaction score
I'd like to know what the neck is like on these. Harley Benton says "slim modern C" but also says it's 21mm at the first fret and 23mm at the twelfth, which doesn't seem particularly thin to me.

mbardu

Reaction score
I'd like to know what the neck is like on these. Harley Benton says "slim modern C" but also says it's 21mm at the first fret and 23mm at the twelfth, which doesn't seem particularly thin to me.

Well it's not wizard (or some Schecters) razor-thin, but that's not too chunky either.
Depending on the shape a lot of people would probably like that vs some over-crampy super thin necks.

lewis

Reaction score
yeah its always quite bulky. I dont mind that because I just play on anything and dont really give it a second thought but you do notice it being alot chunkier than say my Ibanez necks

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
I am actually really interested in grabbing one of those to check them out. They tick almost all the boxes in my "what i need for a 6" checklist but at that pricepoint, not really being able to correct an issue with a quick neckshim or a quick fretjob (or can you... never tried on stainless) is a bit of a gamble. And also because at similar pricepoints, Agile were always a let down in terms of neck build quality. So I'm torn between that and spending the same amount of money in the used market.

I guess that's what return policies are for heh...

')