Harley Benton basses with stainless steel frets

• Thread starter I play music
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

I play music

Reaction score
So, looks like after the a bit higher quality guitars with stainless steel frets now some basses followed:
13581981.jpg

13580651_800.jpg
13580446_800.jpg

For 349 to 399€ they definitely look very interesting. And I'm usually more into Ibanez type basses. Just hope the pickups and electronics aren't shit. What do you think?

Demiurge

Reaction score
^At least electronics can be replaced/upgraded easily; fixing stainless steel frets if the fretwork is commensurate with the low price point- not so much.

I play music

Reaction score
^At least electronics can be replaced/upgraded easily; fixing stainless steel frets if the fretwork is commensurate with the low price point- not so much.
From what I've heard fretwork on the guitars is good but the pickups don't sound very good. We'll see I guess.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That MM equipped J-Bass looks fucking great, too bad these "nicer" HBs seem to be 50/50 hit or miss.

I think it's important we separate better specs from better quality.

Either way, even if they're junky, it's more competition and they'll get some good ones out.

lewis

Reaction score
for god sake! Im still waiting for a multiscale bass from them that goes with their current fan fret guitar range!?!?!?!

make it the same scale lengths as a Dingwall and take my damn money!

I play music

Reaction score
That MM equipped J-Bass looks fucking great, too bad these "nicer" HBs seem to be 50/50 hit or miss.

I think it's important we separate better specs from better quality.

Either way, even if they're junky, it's more competition and they'll get some good ones out.
I think they are a very interesting competition for the Marcus Miller basses.
for god sake! Im still waiting for a multiscale bass from them that goes with their current fan fret guitar range!?!?!?!

make it the same scale lengths as a Dingwall and take my damn money!
It would be cool to have something like a more affordable Dingwall but those HB fan fret models apparently have a quality level that is below what I would personally buy. I rather prefer this more classic approach but with a bit higher quality and stainless steel frets.

lewis

Reaction score
I think they are a very interesting competition for the Marcus Miller basses.

It would be cool to have something like a more affordable Dingwall but those HB fan fret models apparently have a quality level that is below what I would personally buy. I rather prefer this more classic approach but with a bit higher quality and stainless steel frets.
ive had 2 of them. They are BUT are excellent mod platforms if you want to re-hardware and dress the frets etc. So the money saved on their low price can be ploughed into upgrading them.

After that, they are awesome guitars.

I play music

Reaction score
Lol I just noticed the new line is called "Harley Benton Enhanced" so they better have enhanced quality :agreed:

NeglectedField

Reaction score
Loving the Sandberg influence there. Shame getting HB is a total gamble cos you can't try them in a shop.