Harley Benton Headless/Multiscale anyone?

I play music

Reaction score
I liked Arnolds reviews at first, but now they are annoying. He is like a news anchor with the way he talks. That kind of Robotic tone. And his gripes are abit stupid.

Alot of the stuff he trashes, he never goes on to say "but this is a quick and easy fix - even following youtube tutorials will help"

And complaining a $400 guitar is trash, just because its not a $4000 custom build is exactly his problem and many peoples problems on here as I mentioned earlier.

I mean Woohoo for those guys. They are rich and can do all this stuff. Great, awesome. Well done.
I cant and the stuff that is in my price point constantly gets run down on here. Pretty annoying.

I also find it annoying that he claims his reviews are unbiased. His opinion might be, but the product not. For example the Solar guitar he reviewed, Ola knew who was ordering it and in that situation I'd triple check to make sure the guitar sent is perfect, knowing what Arnold does with guitars ;-)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Now, personally I'd like a headless multi scale guitar with 7 or 8 strings and a long scale length, meaning at least 28" on the bass side. For an 8 string I'd actually like something close to 30" on the bass side. And stainless steel frets ;-)
yeah... you're never going to get a 30" multiscale from a production guitar, I had to go full custom to get that. getting a 28" scale with stainless frets is easy, orsmby or strandberg both do that.

I play music

Reaction score
yeah... you're never going to get a 30" multiscale from a production guitar, I had to go full custom to get that. getting a 28" scale with stainless frets is easy, orsmby or strandberg both do that.
Sounds like a gap in the market offering that someone could fill ;-)
My impression is that the Ibanez M80M is very successful just for its scale length, even though QC seems to be so-so.
But yeah I know that Harley Benton probably won't make a headless multi scale 30" guitar. Still, I can express what my dream guitar would look like ;-)

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
so true. The Hipshot headless bridge is perfect to install but their headpieces are a joke. You need some master wood work/guitar building/cnc machine abilities to install one. Especially the thinner classic. So much so the headpiece is now for sale (if anyone wants it? haha its Chrome)

The Floyd rose style locking headpiece is infinitely easier to install than the Hipshot. And thats crazy given its literally like $15 or something and the Hipshot headpiece is around $100 haha

I liked Arnolds reviews at first, but now they are annoying. He is like a news anchor with the way he talks. That kind of Robotic tone. And his gripes are abit stupid.

Alot of the stuff he trashes, he never goes on to say "but this is a quick and easy fix - even following youtube tutorials will help"

And complaining a $400 guitar is trash, just because its not a $4000 custom build is exactly his problem and many peoples problems on here as I mentioned earlier.

I mean Woohoo for those guys. They are rich and can do all this stuff. Great, awesome. Well done.
I cant and the stuff that is in my price point constantly gets run down on here. Pretty annoying.

He was fair. He said if you're ok with the issues, and spending time and money to fix it, then go ahead and buy one. But he's quite clear that you should know what you're getting.

And let's apply common sense. A multiscale headless 8 string for such a cheap price... it isn't going to be good. To sell for that low, incorporating profit margins down the chain, there are a lot of corners that need to be cut.

I would see the value of these guitars as a toy or novelty item. I wouldn't lay down serious money for a fan fret headless 8, but a HB is cheap enough not to care.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Very similar to the kiesel Osiris, just a little less "rad".

ChugThisBoy

Reaction score
Sounds nice to me, considering that the pickups aren't super good (propably). And it'll have split for each pickup which is nice. Can't wait for announcement from HB. I don't know why but I'm getting Stormbender (Dev's sig) vibes from it. Dots on the neck are kinda meh for me and it's not a multiscale. Maybe they'll do it, who knows. But I'm glad that they're doing something headless.

lewis

Reaction score
Im so on board with this.

You know the fan fret versions with different finishes are on the way

We get a 27-25.5 fan fret version, and I buy it now

I play music

Reaction score

Bridge pieces are the same as on GOC headless guitars. Apparently there finally is affordable headless hardware that works.
I think it should have at least two frets more.
And for me also one or two strings more.
Hopefully they make it in the same quality as fusion and enhanced models with stainless steel frets.
Shape-wise I'd be more into something a little more Strandbergish/Ormsby Goliath/... but still cool to see :-D

Reaction score
Bridge pieces are the same as on GOC headless guitars. Apparently there finally is affordable headless hardware that works.
I think it should have at least two frets more.
And for me also one or two strings more.
Hopefully they make it in the same quality as fusion and enhanced models with stainless steel frets.
Shape-wise I'd be more into something a little more Strandbergish/Ormsby Goliath/... but still cool to see :-D
Hardware is from Apollo music parts http://www.apollomusicparts.com/ GOC have used fake low quality parts

Ben Pinkus

Reaction score
I'm intruiged by these - the fusion models look good also.

I'm debating whether to get a custom multiscale 7 for F#, so getting something cheaper as a backup in the interim may be useful too.

I play music

Reaction score

Zhysick

Reaction score
I'm selling my Fender Player Strat with Duncan JB Jr. and Little’59 pickups...

I'm going to have a problem with my wife.

')