Harley Benton Headless Prototypes

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
+ Its good to see more options in the lower price bracket
- That body shape isn't hideous but pretty... safe?
~ Omg fan fret 6er pls HB

Looks like the same bridge pieces on my NK

lewis

Reaction score
They made a deal to start selling legators at thomann and this body shape looks very close to a model they sell im sure?

angl2k

Reaction score
If it is weight relieved I will definitely get one to test.. I am looking for a comfy lightweight headless!

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
The body is like the usual strat you see around. They could've gone a little rad with the shape.

Considering the prices they make money by selling a lot of them, so I suppose they have to stay reasonably "vanilla" in terms of shapes. Those are mass market items, not niche, considering headless is already niche enough.

jwguitar

Reaction score
Well...im on board

That's really cool. I used to have a Steinberger spirit and a USA Steinberger. Both really good guitars. I wish I never sold them. Back when I got those guitars in the mid 90s it was nearly impossible to find headless guitars anywhere.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
+ Its good to see more options in the lower price bracket
- That body shape isn't hideous but pretty... safe?
~ Omg fan fret 6er pls HB

I'm actually happy about the "safe" shape. Been wanting a normal-looking headless like the old Steinberger M series for the longest time.

spudmunkey

Reaction score
Welp, there goes Kiesel's entire market.

*scratches head* In what way? Because it's a (likely) cheap headless?
I particularly thought the HX Stomp sounded good.

In theory, it should have the exact same tone as the big brother, it just doesn't have the same robust I/O, expression pedal, fewer buttons, but most importantly: it only has 1/2 of the processing bandwidth to spend on amps/cabs/effects. If you have a PowerCab+, you can offload the cab IR to the PC+. Meaning: what it can do, will sound the same as the Helix. But it can only do less at one time.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
*scratches head* In what way? Because it's a (likely) cheap headless?

In theory, it should have the exact same tone as the big brother, it just doesn't have the same robust I/O, expression pedal, fewer buttons, but most importantly: it only has 1/2 of the processing bandwidth to spend on amps/cabs/effects. If you have a PowerCab+, you can offload the cab IR to the PC+. Meaning: what it can do, will sound the same as the Helix. But it can only do less at one time.

I know; I had one. ;) I sold it once I got on the Fractal FM3 list. Kinda regret it.

')