Harley Benton Headless Prototypes

• Thread starter lewis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hamster

Reaction score
Yeah I also think that this conflict will have no effect in Europe, in which Thomann is thriving. Moreover, their market share in US is probably still negligible, but it seems to be growing each year...

I think that some big players in the US guitar distribution game (sweetwater etc...) would be really happy If an European company like Thomann had a restricted access to this market for exportation of their HB products due to some court ruling, consequently this Kiesel vs Thomann case, even if it never goes to court this time, could be the first of a long series in the future...

AltecGreen

Reaction score
...and only in the US. And even then I wonder if it really helps as long as Thomann does not make a 1:1 copy.

There is an equivalent thing in the EU. It's called Registered Community Design. It's good for five years and renewable for up to 25 years. I don't know if Kiesel applied for one of those as well.

A design patent applies even if it is not a 1:1 copy. The most famous recent case is Apple versus Samsung for the iPhone. Apple won the case based on their design patent of the iPhone. The main thing are the illustrations in the patent with the solid and dashed lines (again see the Apple vs Samsung case). The features defined the by the solid lines are typically the ones protected by the patent. Thomann just have to make changes in the areas delineated by the solid lines. This can still be a bit subjective.

mbardu

Reaction score
14963420_800.jpg

rofl :lol:

LMAO Harley Benton, oooh you...

lewis

Reaction score
Well this looks very Promising.

Lovely Blue - Check
24 frets - Check
revised shape to end the Kiesel Gripe - (presumably) Check

If its the new Headless, we are onto a winner.
Wonder if AguFish helped and if he will talk about the Kiesel stuff in an upcoming vid

lewis

Reaction score
104041146_636502110285652_2977982315762842249_o.png

@lewis
Looks like it even has a roasted maple neck
Now I'm interested
Hope they have enough coming and they don't sell out within a day

Very interesting. FF options and SS frets and Im seriously interested.

I hope that neck plate isnt an Ibanez one again hahaha

lewis

Reaction score
officially announced

https://harleybenton.com/product/dullahan-ft-roasted-ice/

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_dullahan_ft_24_roasted_ib.htm

Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 20.07.56.png

Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 20.08.19.png
Screenshot 2020-06-18 at 20.08.46.png

• Ergonomically shaped alder body
  • Roasted canadian flame hard maple neck
  • Bolt-on neck attachment
  • Roasted Canadian flame hard maple fretboard
  • Black offset dots fretboard inlays
  • Modern C neck profile
  • 24 stainless steel jumbo frets
  • Graphtech Tusq XL nut
  • Nut width: 42 mm (1,65")
  • Scale: 648 mm (25,51")
  • Fingerboard radius: 350 mm (13,78")
  • Pickups: Roswell HAF-B-BK Alnico-5 (bridge) and Roswell HAF-N-BK Alnico-5 (neck) humbucker
  • Master volume control
  • Master tone control
  • 5-Way switch: Bridge humbucker, neck and bridge single coils, neck and bridge humbucker, neck humbucker (parallel), neck humbucker
  • Apollo mono bridge HL-STB02 bridge
  • Black hardware
  • Stock strings: Daddario EXL 110 010-046 (Article Nr 104555)
  • Colour: ice blue gloss
  • Including gig bag

Antiproduct

Reaction score
Honestly, I really dig this. Not a metal machine look-wise but the specs speak for themself. I hope they give us more colors

lewis

Reaction score
ive got a spare hipshot headless bridge in chrome that would work perfectly on this in all liklihood.

If i wasnt so TUNNEL VISION 6 string Bass over the next few months, I probably would grab this.

Zhysick

Reaction score
Gigbag included... that's nice, it's not easy to find gigbags for "smaller than your standard fender or gibson guitar".
The specs are amazing and for 500€ it's difficult to beat...

And the shape is the same as previously, isn't it? Well done Thomann! Fuck Kiesel! LOL

I play music

Reaction score
I think it would be worth the extra cost if they used the same EMG pickups in those that they already have in the Amaroks. Like it almost looks like the pickups are the only weak point of this guitar.

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Now this update is seriously cool. These kind of baby blue colours with roasted/medium tone neck woods have been catching my eye lately too. Shouldn't be too hard to justify a new HB for that price, maybe jump in after the first wave of orders goes out.

Does anyone know where these are made?

')