Harley Benton project - Finito. (56k...wait 30 seconds or so)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Aha. Now i see the "reversed" headstock tip. More information, please!

projectjem

fact me till i fart
Reaction score
basically it was my feeler into 7's. its got an evo7 and a blaze neck with a coil-split. idea being that i upgrade the electronics with any new 7 i might buy, put this back to stock and sell it on. after me and my tech set it up, it plays really well. im literally shocked at how good weve got it to play. the trem now plays fine. i can push the arm all the way down to the body so that all the strings go loose, bring it back up and it stays in tune. maybe i was just really lucky with this one, i can imagine that they're hit and miss.

DSC00432.jpg

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
So is it just the side dots that are LEDs? The rest of the fluorescent stuff a photography trick? It looked like everything was lit up.

projectjem

fact me till i fart
Reaction score
So is it just the side dots that are LEDs? The rest of the fluorescent stuff a photography trick? It looked like everything was lit up.

yer it has fret-fx leds runnign down the neck. and ive got neon pink and green covers on the dimarzios. ive also got pink holographic fret markers on it as you can see
deeptoot3.jpg

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Love that Green textured look man. Amazing!

:yesway:

Reaction score
My tuning was unbearable before I modified the guitar!

I started with a Tremol-no (fantastic bit of gadgetry there) along with a Dimarzio Blaze7 Neck and ToneZone7 Bridge, I also put the Vol/Tone into a concentric pot, leaving the old volume vacant and put in a momentary killswitch just above the pickup switch!

Now it's had it's life turned round, featuring...
Schaller Locking Tuners
Graphtech Ghost Saddles
Killswitch to the right of the neck pickup
Pickup switch - Electric/Both/Acoustic switch - Standby (On/Off/On) switch
Concentric Volume - Acoustic on top, Electric on bottom
Concentric Tone - pickup tones

With the graphtech Acoustiphonic system!

It plays amazingly now, I really liked the neck in the first place, these electronics make it incredibly versatile, can't complain really!

How did you guys do your logos? I wouldn't mind changing it from Harley Benton to something a bit more personal!

Attachments

• DSC00302.JPG
    DSC00302.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC00303.JPG
    DSC00303.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 27

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
My tuning was unbearable before I modified the guitar!

I started with a Tremol-no (fantastic bit of gadgetry there) along with a Dimarzio Blaze7 Neck and ToneZone7 Bridge, I also put the Vol/Tone into a concentric pot, leaving the old volume vacant and put in a momentary killswitch just above the pickup switch!

Now it's had it's life turned round, featuring...
Schaller Locking Tuners
Graphtech Ghost Saddles
Killswitch to the right of the neck pickup
Pickup switch - Electric/Both/Acoustic switch - Standby (On/Off/On) switch
Concentric Volume - Acoustic on top, Electric on bottom
Concentric Tone - pickup tones

With the graphtech Acoustiphonic system!

It plays amazingly now, I really liked the neck in the first place, these electronics make it incredibly versatile, can't complain really!

How did you guys do your logos? I wouldn't mind changing it from Harley Benton to something a bit more personal!

Nice necro! :yesway:

Reaction score
Nice necro! :yesway:

I'm not overly forum literate, but I'm assuming you mean it's got a gothic look to it?

I didn't intend for it to have a certain look, you may have noticed I left the machineheads black though (that was the only aesthetic planned!) Chrome was cheapest, and fortunately it looks ace!

I play alot of Jazz/Big Band mind, it's never looked out of place yet!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not overly forum literate, but I'm assuming you mean it's got a gothic look to it?

I didn't intend for it to have a certain look, you may have noticed I left the machineheads black though (that was the only aesthetic planned!) Chrome was cheapest, and fortunately it looks ace!

I play alot of Jazz/Big Band mind, it's never looked out of place yet!

No he means you bumped a three year old thread :lol:

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Well he was contributing so I dont see any problems with it :) Plus I never knew this thread existed, and now looking at it ive seen some cool modded Harleys! Nice Harley man!

Snytbaggen

Reaction score
I've been thinking of picking this guitar up as a mod guitar and there's next to none info found on the web, so it was good this thread was revived ^^

welsh_7stinger

7=best number
Reaction score
bloody nice job. i hav a harley benton aswell. its brill for its price. (tip to ibanez make more affordable 7 strings) nd id never get rid of it lol, nd theyre 6 string bass is ace aswell.

rock on harley benton FTW

')