Harness recommendations?

• Thread starter tpl2000
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tpl2000

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss.
Reaction score
Greetings, fellow Earth-folk!

I'm gonna have a friend solder me a wiring harness in a couple weeks, and also ask him to install passive humbuckers on a guitar of mine--replacing EMGs. A thought came to mind, recently, that I really seldom use the tone knob on any of my guitars, really. So, since I was initially going to ask him for the 1Vol-1Tone-1 3-way toggle, that I could keep the master volume and the switch...But add something else to the third hole there, hopefully without drilling it to make it wider. The things that come to mind so far, a re killswitch, true-bypass witch, individualize the volume to each pickup, coil tap switch, or something like that.

So really, I'm looking for recommendations--any insight to the matter would be wonderfully appreciated.

Edit: Probably worth noting, the style of music I'll be playing with this guitar--Death metal/shred, jazz, blues, and whatever genre Weezer is.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rockskate4x

rockskate4x
Reaction score
If you are playing a pretty wide range of tuneage, then i'd opt for the coil tap, but you can just as easily put that in a push pull (or push push) pot under the master volume knob. Maybe do the coil tap under the volume and the kill switch in the old tone position?

pettymusic

Reaction score
^^ +1 and +1 on both of the above recs.

Push/ pull coil tap and series/ parallel switch where the tone knob was.

I tried the series/ parallel wiring just last year and love it! I've always love coil tapping.

tpl2000

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss.
Reaction score
Well then, that seems to be the decision made! Does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram, for 2 Seymour Duncan humbuckers, a push/pull coil tap for both pups (volume), a series/parallel switch, and a three way toggle? lol

tpl2000

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss.
Reaction score
Well then, that seems to be the decision made! Does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram, for 2 Seymour Duncan humbuckers, a push/pull coil tap for both pups (volume), a series/parallel switch, and a three way toggle? lol

Aaaaanyone at all?

I can kinda figure out volume and pup toggle, but I have no idea how I'd get the coil tap and series/parallel to work in conjunction.

')