Harpers JS7 (possibly for sale)

• Thread starter chronicinsomnia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chronicinsomnia

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I know some people have shown interest in this guitar in the past, and I'm at a point now where I need some cash. I waited as long as I could before listing this one as for sale. So here it goes...

JS7
Mahogany Body
Quilt Maple Top and Headstock
Rosewood Board w. Abalone vine of life inlay.
Seymour Duncan Pickups (have been direct mounted)
JS style 3-way

The neck profile on this guitar is big, thick. It has been sanded down slightly, but has enough wood left to profile it to any 7 you want. I actually got used to playing the thicker neck.

Since I have no idea what it's worth, This is mostly a feeler, but if the right offer comes, the guitar will be sold. Any questions/photo request, just PM me.

Thanks,
Brian

js7.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chronicinsomnia

Reaction score
Well there's over $2000 worth of parts and work. I'm looking for about 2k, give or take. Forgot to mention it comes with an Ibanez UV case, and is in mint condition.

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
chronicinsomnia said:
Well there's over $2000 worth of parts and work. I'm looking for about 2k, give or take. Forgot to mention it comes with an Ibanez UV case, and is in mint condition.
Ok so let's say for a sec that I know absolutely nothing about this guitar, what can you tell me. Is it or was it once an Ibanez?

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:agreed: That IS a very nice guitar. I remember seeing that a while ago and I wondered who owned it.
I wish I had some money, man. :noplease:

chronicinsomnia

Reaction score
WayneCustom7 said:
Ok so let's say for a sec that I know absolutely nothing about this guitar, what can you tell me. Is it or was it once an Ibanez?

Good question. The guitar was built a few years ago (not sure exactly when, as I am not the first owner) It was built by a few different luthiers, one of which was Harpers Guitars (no longer in business due to bad business or something) The body was modeled off os the Ibanez JS series, and the neck was a combo of the Jem and Universe. It has a really thick quilt maple top, on a Mahogony body. It also has the angled output jack like the Jem. It sounds like a dream. It was never an Ibanez, all parts were made from scratch. The only complaint previous owners had was that the neck was thick. It changed hands a few times, again mostly due to the neck being thick. I have reshaped it a little, but not a lot. I have also owned the guitar longer than anyone else, and had no plans on selling it, just bad times for me right now. Hope that helps.

Thanks!

chronicinsomnia

Reaction score
Shawn said:
:agreed: That IS a very nice guitar. I remember seeing that a while ago and I wondered who owned it.
I wish I had some money, man. :noplease:

Thanks, If I had money, it would not be going anywhere. :wallbash:

WayneCustom7

Paolo
Contributor
Reaction score
chronicinsomnia said:
Good question. The guitar was built a few years ago (not sure exactly when, as I am not the first owner) It was built by a few different luthiers, one of which was Harpers Guitars (no longer in business due to bad business or something) The body was modeled off os the Ibanez JS series, and the neck was a combo of the Jem and Universe. It has a really thick quilt maple top, on a Mahogony body. It also has the angled output jack like the Jem. It sounds like a dream. It was never an Ibanez, all parts were made from scratch. The only complaint previous owners had was that the neck was thick. It changed hands a few times, again mostly due to the neck being thick. I have reshaped it a little, but not a lot. I have also owned the guitar longer than anyone else, and had no plans on selling it, just bad times for me right now. Hope that helps.

Thanks!
Cool, thanks for the reply. My Wayne Custom has a huge neck, and I don't mind it at all, and I'll second Shawn's comment, wishing also for mo' money!

chronicinsomnia

Reaction score
Freddie said:
That's gorgeous man!

Too bad you have to let it go but I sure hope someone in this forum gets it. She belongs within these walls!

:shred:

Thats why it's been posted here first!

')