Has anyone ever bought a guitar from Sonic Electronix?

• Thread starter Thrawn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thrawn

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been lurking on this forum for a while but this is my first thread. I hope it's in the right place and please be gentle with me.

Have any of you guys and gals ever bought a guitar from Sonic Electronix? Either via their eBay site or their main website?

I was browsing around online for the Ltd AW7 and they have it stupidly cheap but I didn't know if it was safe to buy from them. They seem to deal primarily with car audio parts and the reviews tend to go from 'amazing!' to 'worst company ever!'.

Here's the website Car Audio Stereo - Car Subwoofers - Car Amplifiers and Speakers

Thanks everyone!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thrawn

Reaction score
Exactly. It's probably banged up C stock that they got cheap and are selling as 'new'.

Syriel

owns a .strandberg*
Reaction score
If there's a review saying "worst company ever!" with "amazing!" right next to it, you better stay away.

Chinese companies / Ebay sellers tend to use "fake" accounts to post good ratings for them. The "amazing" ratings come from those accounts. Stay away.

Thrawn

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I think it was my GAS for that particular axe clouding my usual BS filter.

rekab

Reaction score
I've purchased car audio gear from them. It was years ago but they are a legit company. Not sure I'd trust a guitar from them but if it sucks just send it back.

Reaction score
You guys need to do your research more. I have been buying car audio from these guys for YEARS, I think 5 to be exact. I buy parts when I install stuff in my car and for my friends car. I have never had one problem and I know a lot of the phone rep guys now, all a bunch of good fellows.

I know they started carrying guitar stuff last year or a little later. If I didn't love my 03 Warwick Thumb Bolt On I honestly would buy from them if they had the guitar I want for a good deal.

"Andromalia", it looks like other con jobs? Did you even look at the website? It has a clean interface and if you look at the product pages for their stuff, they take all of the pictures of EVERY product in high resolution themselves. They also write all the descriptions for most of their stuff.

They have a YouTube channel and Facebook page which is cool. They do their own videos, and as a matter of fact, they were just at NAMM too and did a bunch of videos.

Thrawn

Reaction score
I appreciate the input guys. I was mainly wary due to the significant discount on the guitar I was looking at ($600 on eBay!). The website declares they are an official dealer and their eBay score is superb but, I'd never seen them mentioned them on here so didn't know if I'd found a bargain from a legit operation.

There are some pretty damning reviews regarding defective items and warranty issues which made me think twice but, I'll check out the YouTube videos and do a little more research. I don't want to pull the trigger until next week anyway to avoid ground shipping through a snow storm!

Reaction score
You always have to think about what the warranty issues and damage issues are. If people buy crappy stuff, of course they will complain when it breaks during use or arrives broken. Once a company ships out an item, a lot of the time the shipping Currier drops packages and breaks stuff, not the original companies fault. But, if you buy good stuff, it can withstand the abuse.

You can always go to their Facebook page and ask them questions, they respond quick a lot of the time. Let us know how your research goes and if they say anything. REMEMBER, always check to make sure a company has something in stock before you buy, I hate buying something and then it turns out it's not even available lolol!

Thrawn

Reaction score
I ship wine bottles for a living so I know all about carriers dropping stuff :) but it is sensible advice nonetheless. I sent them an email yesterday but haven't had a response yet. Supposedly they have two in stock and have had two for a while by the looks of things.

I may give them a call over the weekend, have a chat and see if they will honor the eBay deal over the phone as it's about $99 more expensive via their website.

Reaction score
I just took a look at their website as well, it says they have none left. Maybe other people were jumping into the good deal as well? Email takes 24-72 hours with most companies, that is why I recommended their Facebook. If they are open, they are likely to have some dude patrolling FB every few hours to see what is going on.

Thrawn

Reaction score
Shit. I had looked at the eBay item I was watching rather than checking the website. Ah well, I'm sure a lucky buyer will pop up here and gloat after being clued into a great deal by a noob forum member, lol

I can just tell myself that I didn't really need it and that feeling will last until the next deal tempts me to part with my tax return.

Reaction score
HA! That would be awesome (not for you) if someone came on and said that is how they got their guitar. Stolen from you. When you find a good deal, they always go fast because of the exact same reason you want it.

Check out their other guitars, maybe they will have something to blow your tax refund on. :p

javydlf

Reaction score
I want to put in another vote for them as a great company, been also buying car audio for years, lightning fast shipping and quality products.

:yesway::yesway:

Thrawn

Reaction score
After all this positive news I am bummed that I didn't pull the trigger on that axe as it was a great deal!

I finally got an email back basically saying 'sorry it's sold out' which is all well and good but if they had replied on Tuesday when I emailed then I would have picked one up.

Interestingly, they say they are an authorized dealer and that the line has been discontinued hence the hefty mark down in price so does this mean the AW-7 is soon to be no more?

Adrian87

Reaction score
You guys need to do your research more. I have been buying car audio from these guys for YEARS, I think 5 to be exact. I buy parts when I install stuff in my car and for my friends car. I have never had one problem and I know a lot of the phone rep guys now, all a bunch of good fellows.

I know they started carrying guitar stuff last year or a little later. If I didn't love my 03 Warwick Thumb Bolt On I honestly would buy from them if they had the guitar I want for a good deal.

"Andromalia", it looks like other con jobs? Did you even look at the website? It has a clean interface and if you look at the product pages for their stuff, they take all of the pictures of EVERY product in high resolution themselves. They also write all the descriptions for most of their stuff.

They have a YouTube channel and Facebook page which is cool. They do their own videos, and as a matter of fact, they were just at NAMM too and did a bunch of videos.

Agreed. These guys are pretty HUGE in the car audio scene, and their warranties are one of the best if im not mistaken.

Reaction score
The line itself is probably not discontinued, however it could be discontinued in their store (there is a difference), meaning they are no longer carrying it for whatever reason.

Latest posts

')