Has anyone tried an Emperor cabinet?

• Thread starter deathjazz89
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

deathjazz89

Reaction score
I deposited my money this afternoon. I just need to make sure that the money is available and I'll probably order it tonight after my English class. It's going to look exactly like the one in that demo with the Sunn Model T.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Necky379

Reaction score
nice, what speakers are you going with jensen?

deathjazz89

Reaction score
I have deposited some money for the cabinet and haven't heard from Emperor since then. :C
It'll probably be a while till I pay the rest of it since I just got off the phone with Jason from drumcityguitarland. ESP Horizon NT-II<3 So expect a new cab and guitar day around June.

IamIan

Reaction score
I have a 4x12 Emperor. I seriously love it. Blows my Marshall and Mesa out of the water. I believe the specs are really similar to an Orange cab. Only downside is when they go on tour they get beat pretty bad and it really shows.

Meldville

THE DOCTOR OF DOOM
Reaction score
Nice, my buds in Nights Like These used to run Emperor full stacks with their rigs (an Orange Rockerverb and a Sunn Model T) and the cabs sounded heavy as hell!

rareform707

Reaction score
i have an Emperor 4x12 and love it :hbang:

I believe the specs are really similar to an Orange cab.

:agreed: they sound sooo much like an orange cab. the dimensions are the same and they are built exactly the same. no casters just like orange cabs, with the wood slabs on the bottom that "connect" to the stage.
mine have the Jensen electric lightning speakers, that sound awesome.
the wood stain finishes look beautiful, at the cost of the protection of tolex...
honestly just keep a cover thrown over it whenever youre moving it around and you should avoid any serious dings or scratches. its an extra but cheap investment if you have to lug them around.

to anyone that is looking into buying these;
try to find a friend or acquaintance to buy one with! theyll give you a pretty handsome discount for ordering more than one. i wont disclose prices but my buddy and I bought ours together and we paid an extremely awesome price for two custom finished cabs.

also if youre unsure about speakers, give the Jensens a shot. i tried them out of curiousity even though I love V30s, and i was pleasantly surprised :)

adadglgmut

Notes from a Ghost
Reaction score
I used one for the weekend when I was out of town recording. They sound really tight and full, really similar to the ppc412s.
This one in particular had the V30/g12h30 combo.

@t o k u g a w a: I was using my Invader throught it and it sounded really rad. Same amp in your display pic... I assumed you're playing the same.
They made a really good match. :yesway:

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
to anyone that is looking into buying these;
try to find a friend or acquaintance to buy one with! theyll give you a pretty handsome discount for ordering more than one. i wont disclose prices but my buddy and I bought ours together and we paid an extremely awesome price for two custom finished cabs.

also if youre unsure about speakers, give the Jensens a shot. i tried them out of curiousity even though I love V30s, and i was pleasantly surprised :)

Awesome heads up!
I'll be talking to the other guitarist in my band about this for sure.

Is there ANY way at all to get them with casters though? Lugging a cab with no casters around alone most times really sucks.

rareform707

Reaction score
Awesome heads up!
I'll be talking to the other guitarist in my band about this for sure.

Is there ANY way at all to get them with casters though? Lugging a cab with no casters around alone most times really sucks.
Good to hear man, you will not be dissappointed :agreed:
you know, I never even asked. I was always into the idea of the way sound would spread out without them. I would say go to emperorcabs.com and shoot them an email. they were pretty cool dudes there so they may be willing to, but honestly man, they arent too bad weight-wise (one of the only differences between Emperor and Orange) My rack enclosure is easily much heavier :squint: I can lug mine around on my own just fine, and I'm not too buff haha. I can weigh it a little later too if you want :yesway:

IamIan

Reaction score
Honestly, the casters may be the one downside about them. I've talked with a few people about that. I guess before they didn't want to put casters in them, but they are super nice guys and if you said it was a deal breaker I'm sure they would do it.

Reaction score
I don't really get these cabs. They seem impractical for shows as they have no tolex and whatnot and would end up looking horrible after a while..not to mention they won't necessarily sound any better than any other well built cab. These cabs actually look rather "home made" in my opinion so I don't really get their market..people who just want cabs that look like furniture?

IamIan

Reaction score
To each his own I guess. I personally love the look of a natural wood and honestly believe tolex looks rather stupid. I get the protection factor, but if all you wanted was looks... These cabs are just for people who want the professional sound with a different aesthetic, that's it.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
you can argue that a cab can and will sound better without tolex. But that's the same argument as those who say guitars sound better with oil finishes rather than lacquer.

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
um to answer the thread's question, no i haven't,

i think i am going to buy one soon, depending on the outcome of my auctions on the bay, and if anybody really wants this guitar i'm selling, which is a big probably maybe, idk?!

i love the way they look, seems like the duder in my conversations with him really knows what he wanted in a sound and he got it, since they are custom, sweet!!, idk i want one purty bad style at the moment

(damnit this isn't helpful)

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
To each his own I guess. I personally love the look of a natural wood and honestly believe tolex looks rather stupid. I get the protection factor, but if all you wanted was looks... These cabs are just for people who want the professional sound with a different aesthetic, that's it.

I haven't played them myself, but my band played a show with The Network a little while ago, and one of the guitarists was using an Emperor 412 with a Recto. I thought it sounded pretty damn good. Yes, it was a little worn looking due to the lack of tolex, but I actually thought that gave it a cool look.

rareform707

Reaction score
:yesway:
its as simple as keeping it covered when youre hauling it around, whether you buy a cover or just throw a cardboard box over it. it really will protect it from anything ugly...
i think they look awesome, not for everyone no, but like you said to each their own. definitely happy i went with them :metal:

')