Has anyone tried the new 2023 Ibanez RGD 8?

MannyMoonjava

Figgjo Fallout Shelter Wizardry
Reaction score
First impressions, conclusions, verdicts?

Im gassing hard and i already have 20 guitars rip

Im driving 8 hours to try the only one in norway on friday (if its not sold, but doubt it).

Crungy

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have not tried it, is it the multiscale or do they have a regular RGD 8?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ubereem

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's been months, but I've had the luxury of having to send 2 of them back because of QC issues. Ibanez has been having these kind of issues for a while now, even at their higher-end lines. I'm sure their Prestiges are great, but at over 1k, some of the issues with the RGDMS8 seemed so rudimentary.

sell2792

Reaction score
I've played one and wasn't a huge fan of the angle of the fan, especially on the lower frets...

Fan.

MannyMoonjava

Figgjo Fallout Shelter Wizardry
Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys! I didnt know they had QC issues, but i havent been paying attention the past few years.

Un1corn

Instant Djent Machine
Reaction score
I have played one and I don't like it. For me Ibanez 8 strings are always hit or miss, and most times its a miss. I don't like the scale length, although Fishman would compensate for this, I've never found a good sounding Fishman Fluence on Ibanez. It's strange that Fishman Fluence is active pickup, but it just doesn't work right for some reason. I mean RGD71, RDG61, RGDIM6 and this RGDMS. Plus, there's QC issue.

27InchScale

Contributor
Reaction score
I LOVE the silver….. but my personal opinion is the gold on it is gawdy!!! Maybe getting a black and silver and swapping hardware would be worth while for me personally. But ONLY Ibanez 8 string I ever messed with was my RG2228M and I regretfully sold it thinking I was limited to 7 strings….

gh0styboi

El Stressperado
Reaction score
It's been months, but I've had the luxury of having to send 2 of them back because of QC issues. Ibanez has been having these kind of issues for a while now, even at their higher-end lines. I'm sure their Prestiges are great, but at over 1k, some of the issues with the RGDMS8 seemed so rudimentary.
Yeah, that's become sort of an Ibanez-ism in my experience as well now. Unless I'm buying a Prestige, or getting one second-hand from someone who knew how to set it up and do what needed done to the frets, etc - I expect that I'm going to have to file the nut (or replace it) and at least spot-level some frets. Which is unfortunate on guitars, like you say, over $1k.