Hate/Love Abasi's Toone? How 'bout Reyes' new one...

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's the guitar Bill and Ted play in the future... WYLD STALLYONS!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mukersman

Reaction score
I like that sketch guitar he has (had?) and his strandberg more, but this is pretty nice. I can't say I like how the bridge looks, all floating and detached.

Edit: Tosin's geetars i mean.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
definitely not a fan of this builder

what's up with the oversized pickup routes?

all in all, it reminds me of a more refined devries in many senses. there, i said it :lol:

guy in latvia

Reaction score
i actually think it looks quite awesome, im sure its comfy as hell playing standing up, not sure about sitting down tho...

Goatchrist

Reaction score
I dig it a lot!
But I like this one even better!
6a00e39826b2898833016763c827f4970b-800wi

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I found a picture of it being made...

SuperStock_1838-2372.jpg

Here's some of his earlier work:

custom-curved-wood-chair1.jpg

mountain-man-5-walnut-wood-carving-sculpture-whittling.jpg

:rofl:

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Toone I'm sure makes sweet guitars in terms of playability and sound but I just can't stand the designs. Never really got the point of a headless guitar IMO.

kerska

That guy...
Reaction score
I mean if we're just talking aesthetics, I guess it works for them and what they are doing.

Personally I think it's ugly as shit...

EDIT:That one with the burnt wood is actually pretty bad ass...

stuglue

Reaction score
I can't imagine the sustain being good, after all there's very little wood plus it looks very unwieldy to sit and play. Also look where the input is,I can see players standing on the lead a lot

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
I played the original Sketch and the multiscale you see above at NAMM (name's Blur). Sketch sounds absolutely massive and is ergonomically excellent, and while Blur's wiring wasn't done at that time, it did sustain massively and again hugged the body just fine.

The only thing that didn't work well for me on Blur is that it's fully flat on the back and has a rectangular profile, which makes sense for someone who doesn't rely as much as I do on thumb over the neck antics.

mountainjam

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the design (especially since he's using wood he didn't pull out of the fireplace stack), but I personally can't stand that headless hardware. That is waaaay too much metal and too big, compared to a steiny or Strandberg. I don't understand what the point of no headstock is if you need a big old headstock like that. And the tuner hardware is monstrous. If I were getting a headless guitar the idea would be that its streamlined and minimalist, not simply that it has the tuners at the butt. This system has way more metal than a regular bridge and HS.

Thats exactly how I feel about toone. The amount of metal is just overkill. Well said hollowway :yesway:

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll bet this beast is the equivalent of a fat/ugly chick in bed... awesome performance... because it has to. ;)

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
what's up with the oversized pickup routes?

I like the look of this one quite a bit more than the newly refined Sketch. It looks cleaner. Minus the pickup routes. I just noticed that the routes look like they were done freehand or something on this guitar as well as Sketch. I personally would be a bit upset if I ordered this guitar and the routes looked like they had leftover gaps from a EMG to passive conversion. :2cents:

That aside, I bet it plays very well. I love ergo stuff and love the Klein influence that this design has.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I'd like to play one before I decide how I feel. Something tells me it's like one of those kinda homely chicks that somehow becomes gorgeous when you realize how cool she is as a person... :lol:

nheyne

Reaction score
Even though I love this one, I think it's just good to see some innovative designs that shake things up. Some of Toone's guitars, like his basses, are just weird with no asthetic value really. This one makes you stare at it.

')